Disabled American Veteran

Honorable discharges get a free burial in any national cemetery and full honors at their funeral. I think GUHC gets it super cheap. OTH, BCD, ADMIN and DIS don't get anything besides their VGLI policies.

----------

DAV do have da opt to purchase life ins thru the VA.

Only within 6 months of separation.

Honorable discharges get a free burial in any national cemetery and full honors at their funeral. I think GUHC gets it super cheap. OTH, BCD, ADMIN and DIS don't get anything besides their VGLI policies.

----------

Only within 6 months of separation.

I am not sure that a firing of volleys is included every time. Taps and folding of the Flag yes.

As a note, An Honorably discharged Vet gets that at any cemetery or memorial service. Unless retired or active service a firing line is not normally included by active military. The detail is normally the branch of service the Vet was in. The firing lines are normally manned by Veteran Organizations Honor Guards such as The American Legion or Veterans of Foreign Wars. It is important to let our client's families know to have the funeral directors to call and make arrangements ASAP so the Veteran gets the honors they earned.

I am not sure that a firing of volleys is included every time. Taps and folding of the Flag yes.

As a note, An Honorably discharged Vet gets that at any cemetery or memorial service. Unless retired or active service a firing line is not normally included by active military. The detail is normally the branch of service the Vet was in. The firing lines are normally manned by Veteran Organizations Honor Guards such as The American Legion or Veterans of Foreign Wars. It is important to let our client's families know to have the funeral directors to call and make arrangements ASAP so the Veteran gets the honors they earned.

I meant taps and a folding flag. I'm pretty sure for the firing line and band you need to have like top ten awards (MOH, Bronze/Silver star, Navy Cross, Purple Heart, etc) or be a retired 0-5 and up or E-7 and up.

I am a veteran. I have a reservation at the Veterans Cemetery for my wife and I. Of course I hope we will not have to use it for many years to come. But we never know.

I was told that once you enter the gates at the Veterans Cemetery that it does not cost anything from that point. The plot, headstone, grave liner and opening and closing at no cost to the Veteran's family complete with the US Flag and Military honors.

I am a veteran. I have a reservation at the Veterans Cemetery for my wife and I. Of course I hope we will not have to use it for many years to come. But we never know.

I was told that once you enter the gates at the Veterans Cemetery that it does not cost anything from that point. The plot, headstone, grave liner and opening and closing at no cost to the Veteran's family complete with the US Flag and Military honors.

The problem is, most of the cost is getting to the gates. Too many veterans believe that those costs are covered as well, and they aren't.

The problem is, most of the cost is getting to the gates. Too many veterans believe that those costs are covered as well, and they aren't.

That.

In my case, the National Cemetery is an hour away. Add the mortuary and hard goods cost.

There are other benefits available, however, there are certain criteria such as dying in a VA hospital and having a certain % of VA covered disability.

Back