Discussion on Rebuttals to Door Knocking Objections

Labesky, when you want to quote and reply to just a portion of a quote, you still have to include the notation before the quote that indicates who wrote it, and is between brackets. It turns into a mess when the next person quotes you. I've seen you make this infraction in the past as well, so figured I'd help.[/QUOTE]

Infraction, wow...

But yes, it is quite annoying, and for the record I did it intentionally.

----------

For a more serious response.

I would look at how debt collectors handle it. They are legally prohibited from telling someone else you owe a debt and are in collections. Now granted, generally a husband and wife are on the debt together, but there are times when someone else answers the phone and won't just go get them without knowing why. I'm sure some of those techniques could be adapted and applied here.

I've seen you make this infraction in the past as well, so figured I'd help.[/QUOTE]

Infraction? WOW ok

I dont WANT to have the whole quote. When Im trying to follow a thread its maddening to read the same stuff ten times. I think people know who and what IM responding to

We all know how to combat the basic objections of I'm busy or I'm about to leave . With a married couple the one I run into the most is when the other spouse answers the door . Every time "what's this about ". I either tell them the truth "it's about a form Mary filled out asking for urgent information " or I say this is a "confidential matter I can only discuss with Mary since she filled it out " . Sometimes they insist on knowing what it's about are there not going to get her. Almost every time if you tell them what it's really about they come back and tell you she's not interested. So the discussion is how do other door knockers handle the above and other objections ?I'm always open to learning .

My DK'ing is certainly not refined and mostly because I hate DK'ing. But I do surprisingly well DK'ing considering how much I hate it and by the time I'm DK'ing them it's a last resort.

I've never DK'ed a fresh lead unless there was no phone number.

When I DK I carry only the lead card to the door. If someone answers I ask for the person on the card. "I got this card from y'all and I didn't have a phone number for you, {or I haven't been able to get you by phone}. Do you have a few minutes to go over this?"

I don't do "the wave". I don't do the "foot shuffle". They either say yes and I excuse myself to go to the car and get my tools or they say no. In the case of no I just give them the card and say I don't need their info then and I move on.

I'm not going to talk my way into the house. They either want to discuss it or they don't. I'm not a good enough salesman to talk my way into the house and then to talk them into buying anyway.

Last edited:
Infraction? WOW ok

I dont WANT to have the whole quote. When Im trying to follow a thread its maddening to read the same stuff ten times. I think people know who and what IM responding to

You don't have to have the entire quote. The weird looking formatting comes when you are missing a quote tag. [ QUOTE ] at the beginning and [/ QUOTE ] at the end. Of course take out the spaces. I did that so it wouldn't mess up my text. You can delete any part in between the quote tags so it won't be so long.

It's especially hard to figure out what the quote is and what the reply is when you're reading it on a phone if a tag is missing.

No--meaning---if I wanted to get a rekktumRip I can call my ex!

You're fine. I mean JD's not jumping your ass, so that's a good sign (he and Gooner jumped mine when I first came on). But it can be a tough crowd, almost as tough as Old Forge!:laugh:

Back