Does 5 Star Require Phone Interview

Lalyt93

I know for example if you turn in a columbian application without a phone interview that they are going to call the client and go over the health questions does anyone know if five star is going to do the same or just check mib

It's optional, but they may call later. They never did once when I used to write them.

I know for example if you turn in a columbian application without a phone interview that they are going to call the client and go over the health questions does anyone know if five star is going to do the same or just check mib

No, if you don't do the interview POS they won't call later.

No, if you don't do the interview POS they won't call later.
So is POS a term used on forums or are you using it as an acronym if so you may have your way with some people on here saying you what you please but ill have you riding your camel back to where your from buddy

So is POS a term used on forums or are you using it as an acronym if so you may have your way with some people on here saying you what you please but ill have you riding your camel back to where your from buddy

Not sure exactly you are trying to say but it is the funnest thing I have read on here in a while.

:huh::twitchy: Do they even have camels in CT? Or do y'all just need a smoke?

That's one of 5-Star's most attractive and unique features. Optional phone interview.

You can do the phone interview at the appointment and get an on the spot approval. OR you can skip the interview completely and they will underwrite the case by MIB, script check and the answers on the app. They do not call out to the applicant.

The huge advantage of this is if you have a case you are not sure of and need to know, you just do the interview. If the case gets graded or declined you can move on to another company while you are still there and get something issued. With companies like TransAmerica, Americo or Mutual of Omaha you don't get that option and you get the decline a few days later. You have to go back to try to write a new deal.

With other companies, you have to do the phone interview on every appointment. Even if you are rushed for time and know you have a clean case you still have to take the time to do the interview or risk the company holding up the case because they couldn't reach them by phone.

There are several things 5-Star does better than anyone. This is one. Another is starting the coverage on the day of the application without collecting the first premium. 5-Star starts coverage the day you get the app and bank draft form even if the first premium draft is 30-days out. You can actually give them their first month for free.

5-Star went through some rough growing pains last year but there are still some things they do better than anyone else. When you compare how simple their application is to almost any other company, you know they got that part right too.

I am at the point that I suggest my agents either DO NOT write 5Star's Preferred plan for all cases, or if they are forced to due to only having CC/DC account access, then to do the phone interview on the spot.

Since "the change," they are incredibly difficult for the normal FE case to place as Preferred coverage.

However, Graded coverage with 5star continues to be the most attractive reason to write them, as they usually issue most of my business when applied for as Graded.

What "change" are you referring to?What is cc/dc account access then why do the phone interview on the spot?

Back