Door Knocking is Powerful

John Galt

Guru
100+ Post Club
Jawga
Had an epiphany, if that is what some would call it. Here is a prime example of why I will always door knock every lead.

My wife sets my appts as some of you know, she also sets them for one other agent. I was going through my dm cards and the notes she had made as she made calls and pulled the duds. On one of the cards was written "crazy". Now understand my wife is very very very good at setting appts. So normally if she cant get me in the door I just toss the lead, however she did not tell me to pull this lead from my stack this week while working.

Turns out me and another agent door knocked the guy and wrote a $700.00 Trans app on him. This goes to show you that even if they turn down your appt setter make it a goal to door knock every tele and dm lead you have. Doesnt matter if its 3 days old or a year old (I personally cut off at the 12 month period).

This is gonna add at least $30,000 to $50,000 to my annual production.

Had an epiphany, if that is what some would call it. Here is a prime example of why I will always door knock every lead.

My wife sets my appts as some of you know, she also sets them for one other agent. I was going through my dm cards and the notes she had made as she made calls and pulled the duds. On one of the cards was written "crazy". Now understand my wife is very very very good at setting appts. So normally if she cant get me in the door I just toss the lead, however she did not tell me to pull this lead from my stack this week while working.

Turns out me and another agent door knocked the guy and wrote a $700.00 Trans app on him. This goes to show you that even if they turn down your appt setter make it a goal to door knock every tele and dm lead you have. Doesnt matter if its 3 days old or a year old (I personally cut off at the 12 month period).

This is gonna add at least $30,000 to $50,000 to my annual production.

Was she crazy when she answered door ? How was she on phone to your wife ?

Was she crazy when she answered door ? How was she on phone to your wife ?

"He" was a little goofy, but I used my jedi mind power to say "this is the coverage you want...now go get me that useless high priced policy so we can get rid of it"

Easier to control the conversation and pivot at the front door.

He was buck crazy on the phone :D

Door knocking in between appointments is a game changer, especially for new agents. Work them leads to death!

Right, as a new agent you should not mind wasting some time to make some potential sales. I look at it as practicing talking to people and answering questions that come up.

The simple fact is there are some will never ever set an appointment. But I good looking guy like me shows up at the door and they are the nicest ever and ready and willing to buy

I agree highly with door knocking i started in the business in 1982 ran a debit for almost 26 years and loved it. Due to a good retirement pension and 401k i been independent for the last 7 years and just door knock my leads i might make 5 or 6 phone calls a year but that is it.I take my original lead card (not copies)and just go knock. Its fun and enjoyable.

I agree highly with door knocking i started in the business in 1982 ran a debit for almost 26 years and loved it. Due to a good retirement pension and 401k i been independent for the last 7 years and just door knock my leads i might make 5 or 6 phone calls a year but that is it.I take my original lead card (not copies)and just go knock. Its fun and enjoyable.

That's the key. Fun and enjoyable. In my personal case, I need to produce big numbers and need consistent weeks until my back end pay starts. That means setting appointments and door knocking.

My door knocking days are actually more enjoyable. No rush. No pressure. When my days are full of appointments, I barely have time to eat and feel a little stressed when over an hour behind. I find myself hoping to have a NS!

Door knocking days are more relaxed. I also get a sense of satisfaction from those people who would have, or already did, say no on the phone. I MADE them say no to my face instead of giving them the easy way out.

I know there's been other threads about tips. But I have to say...using an app called "Route4me" makes my DK days extremely productive. Besides route optimization, I can very quickly send the address to iphone map for turn by turn directions as well as view satellite to quickly see how many houses from the corner.

I hate doorknocking with a passion but I do it because I have to. I've to DK far more the last year and half of running the E64's than I ever have in my career.

I've actually gotten quite proficient at door knocking. But I still hate it.

I do like the freedom of it though as someone else mentioned. If the meeting runs long then there's no big deal or someone that I'm being late for. And the only way it runs long anyway is because I'm writing business.

I'll be less DK'ing coming up because of my being out of town for a week and everything I wrote this last was from referrals and add ons I've got a bunch of leads stockpiled. Plenty to call.

I hate doorknocking with a passion but I do it because I have to. I've to DK far more the last year and half of running the E64's than I ever have in my career.

I've actually gotten quite proficient at door knocking. But I still hate it.

I do like the freedom of it though as someone else mentioned. If the meeting runs long then there's no big deal or someone that I'm being late for. And the only way it runs long anyway is because I'm writing business.

I'll be less DK'ing coming up because of my being out of town for a week and everything I wrote this last was from referrals and add ons I've got a bunch of leads stockpiled. Plenty to call.

Same here -- I will door knock if I must, but I hate doing it - really for no good reason except perceived time inefficiencies.

There's nothing more invigorating that knowing I have 8 pre-set appointments tomorrow to work, out of which I should hit 2 to 4 applications.

On the other hand, nothing is more demotivating than starting the day off with no appointments and no pre-planned schedule.

Same here -- I will door knock if I must, but I hate doing it - really for no good reason except perceived time inefficiencies.

There's nothing more invigorating that knowing I have 8 pre-set appointments tomorrow to work, out of which I should hit 2 to 4 applications.

On the other hand, nothing is more demotivating than starting the day off with no appointments and no pre-planned schedule.
Thats true as well. My game plan is to knock every lead that is not an appt.

Back