Door Knocking

Has anyone been effective in door knocking for fe?if so, what is your process

I have read the rest of the responses and they are talking about door knocking instead of calling ahead when a person has mailed a response card back to you that resulted from a direct mail campaign.

I get the impression that you are talking about canvassing.. knocking every door or perhaps select doors in the neighborhood. That will work but it takes a very strong agent to absorb all the rejection you receive and it is not nearly as efficient as direct mail. If you are going to canvas every door, then you need to be a generalist and ready to sell business other than FE. If you are focusing on FE and cannot afford to buy leads, at least buy a list with the demographics that are best suited to the product you want to sell. hat way you are not burning time knocking doors of those that do not measure up to your desired prospect profile. You can get a routed list of 1000 names for around $50

The wave didn't get me the sale, it gave me an opportunity to talk with him. He decided that he wanted the coverage.

If you believe it did then it did.

----------

It seems hard to believe someone as crafty and talented as you can't find a sit knocking on 10 doors/hour. Which blows away call + appointment to/from drive time.

Do you work a very rural area or something?

No it doesn't. Door knocking is far more inefficient than setting appointments. Not to say there aren't some agents making bank that solely DK.

I know most of the top producers in FE. Or know about them if I don't know them personally. Only one of them is a dedicated doorknocker.

But most all of them DK sometimes. Personally I rarely DK. Maybe 1 day a month of DK'ing? No, it's not even that. That would be 12 days in a year of DK'ing. No way I DK that much.

Of course I don't even DK the ones that won't set an appointment on the phone. Those go in the trash. I only DK the ones that don't have a phone number on the card and I can't find a number online for them. Even those go to the bottom of the file and I only DK them if I find myself in the area and have some time.

JD stated

"Of course I don't even DK the ones that won't set an appointment on the phone. Those go in the trash. I only DK the ones that don't have a phone number on the card and I can't find a number online for them. Even those go to the bottom of the file and I only DK them if I find myself in the area and have some time."

I am finding as of late that at least 5 out of 25 TM leads will never even answer the phone. At least 5 more won't set an appointment. And there are always another 5 that I wouldn't even want to meet up with!

That leaves ten appointments out of 25 tm leads. Of which I should write 7. Then you can pick up 2 or 3 from the ten who don't speak or wont set.

I know I am going to have to start doing some DM leads when I get back from Thailand. Out of 25 dm leads, how many will you be able to actually speak to on the phone?

I use SNL lead credits. can anybody give me a suggestion on which DM lead companies work well with SNL?

JD stated "Of course I don't even DK the ones that won't set an appointment on the phone. Those go in the trash. I only DK the ones that don't have a phone number on the card and I can't find a number online for them. Even those go to the bottom of the file and I only DK them if I find myself in the area and have some time." I am finding as of late that at least 5 out of 25 TM leads will never even answer the phone. At least 5 more won't set an appointment. And there are always another 5 that I wouldn't even want to talk too! That leaves ten appointments out of 25 tm leads. Of which I should write 7. Then you can pick up 2 or 3 from the ten who don't speak or wont set. I know I am going to have to start doing some DM leads when I get back from Thailand. Out of 25 dm leads, how many will you be able to actually speak to on the phone? I use SNL lead credits. can anybody give me a suggestion on which DM lead companies work well with SNL?

I've worked a lot of TM leads and a fair amount of DM. It will depend on the area but you could have between 10-20% of DM leads that either don't give their number or the number is disconnected. So keep that in mind.

But it looks like you are only setting 40% of your leads. You close a high % which makes up for that. You should be able to increase the set %, but you are still going to run into the 10-20% that "thought this was something free." You can still close some of those, but if they have no reason, I don't push too hard.

Lead connections works with SNL I believe. I think SNL will tell you who works with them. Up in Michigan, you should get a good return on mailing. Maybe hit up Skipper and he can give you some tips.

JD stated "Of course I don't even DK the ones that won't set an appointment on the phone. Those go in the trash. I only DK the ones that don't have a phone number on the card and I can't find a number online for them. Even those go to the bottom of the file and I only DK them if I find myself in the area and have some time." I am finding as of late that at least 5 out of 25 TM leads will never even answer the phone. At least 5 more won't set an appointment. And there are always another 5 that I wouldn't even want to meet up with! That leaves ten appointments out of 25 tm leads. Of which I should write 7. Then you can pick up 2 or 3 from the ten who don't speak or wont set. I know I am going to have to start doing some DM leads when I get back from Thailand. Out of 25 dm leads, how many will you be able to actually speak to on the phone? I use SNL lead credits. can anybody give me a suggestion on which DM lead companies work well with SNL?

Any vender that accepts credit cards should be able to accept SNL credits.

For those exclusive appointment setters how many appointments are stand for those exclusive appointment setters how many appointments actually stick? As in are there and allow you in at the preset time/date.

stated by Hoosier

"But it looks like you are only setting 40% of your leads. You close a high % which makes up for that. You should be able to increase the set %, but you are still going to run into the 10-20% that "thought this was something free." You can still close some of those, but if they have no reason, I don't push too hard. "

I am kind of an old dog and its hard for me to learn new tricks. I have a tendency to do too much qualifying over the phone. Especially after my 2 days in the field get half way filled up. That's when I start cherry picking. The ones that don't sound as good go to the bottom of the page and I use them as "fillers" and "drive bys" for if and when I get stood up.

Who is Skipper?

I have read the rest of the responses and they are talking about door knocking instead of calling ahead when a person has mailed a response card back to you that resulted from a direct mail campaign.

I get the impression that you are talking about canvassing.. knocking every door or perhaps select doors in the neighborhood. That will work but it takes a very strong agent to absorb all the rejection you receive and it is not nearly as efficient as direct mail. If you are going to canvas every door, then you need to be a generalist and ready to sell business other than FE. If you are focusing on FE and cannot afford to buy leads, at least buy a list with the demographics that are best suited to the product you want to sell. hat way you are not burning time knocking doors of those that do not measure up to your desired prospect profile. You can get a routed list of 1000 names for around $50

If you're in a big metropolitan city, what's a good demographic? Low income neighborhoods? High income? Or is it something else that I'm missing completely?

Back