Drug Guides

billyb

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
I called most of my primary carriers today to ask if they have a guide for the agent for drugs. Assurity doesn't, Transamerica no longer does, Americo no longer does and others I use still do. I guess you can always call and do a risk assessment. Do most of you still ask the applicant about their medications?

I called most of my primary carriers today to ask if they have a guide for the agent for drugs. Assurity doesn't, Transamerica no longer does, Americo no longer does and others I use still do. I guess you can always call and do a risk assessment. Do most of you still ask the applicant about their medications?

Trans has a Rx lookup tool that is awesome.

If your not asking about drugs your asking for declines.

Some people will say I am in excellent health... My doctor said I am doing great.
Reality is they have CHF, COPD and diabetes. They aren't liars... Their Dr did say they were doing great only he meant he was surprised they were still alive

Trans has a Rx lookup tool that is awesome.

If your not asking about drugs your asking for declines.

Some people will say I am in excellent health... My doctor said I am doing great.
Reality is they have CHF, COPD and diabetes. They aren't liars... Their Dr did say they were doing great only he meant he was surprised they were still alive

In reality, the doctor is concerned with your health for the next couple of months unlike an insurance company which trying to project out many years into the future so it is not surprising that their opinions of being in good health would not be the same.

When after being diagnosed with cancer and I first met my oncologist, he poked my protruding belly and said, "at least you are healthy".. I thought he was just making fun of my being overweight at 215 pounds.. After all, I had cancer how could I be healthy? I soon found out what he meant.. I lost 70 pounds in just a couple of months. Had I not had the extra weight, I would have had a much harder time recovering.

Back