Dual FE and Fully Underwritten Carrier

0b1kanobee

Guru
1000 Post Club
Is RNA the only 'popular' carrier we discuss on the boards which offers both SI and fully underwritten?

Is there another carrier that's fairly similar to RNA for fully underwritten (those of you familiar with RNA).

I would like to keep the responses to carriers that could compete with RNA on that platform I described above or just fully underwritten with no SI but for small face amounts.

As I'm typing this I'm guessing MOO now that I think about it but I dunno?

One thing I like about RNA is it is easy to switch gears from SI to fully underwritten with their product when you have a person that qualifies for it without having to pull out another carrier.

Last edited:
0b1kanobee said:
Is RNA the only 'popular' carrier we discuss on the boards which offers both SI and fully underwritten?

Is there another carrier that's fairly similar to RNA for fully underwritten (those of you familiar with RNA).

I would like to keep the responses to carriers that could compete with RNA on that platform I described above or just fully underwritten with no SI but for small face amounts.

Are you speaking of FE or larger policies? Have you looked at American National they do an express underwriting for 250k and under of life Term whole or UL it is a full application but something to keep in mind.

Americo, Assurity and LaFayette Life all have both (I think anyway).

Assurity and LaFayette aren't TRUE FE products when compared to the majority of FE companies. Their phone interviews are WAY too intrusive and don't match the application questions. They are good non-med products but not what I call FE.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Doesn't Forresters have both nowadays. Not that I would use them but if you want a complete list.
Is nowadays a real word?

Last edited:
Newby said:
Americo, Assurity and LaFayette Life all have both (I think anyway).

Assurity and LaFayette aren't TRUE FE products when compared to the majority of FE companies. Their phone interviews are WAY too intrusive and don't match the application questions. They are good non-med products but not what I call FE.
Doesn't Forresters have both nowadays. Not that I would use them but if you want a complete list.
Is nowadays a real word?

Foresters does have a nonmed term product I think up to 250k don't quote me on the upper limit.

Are you speaking of FE or larger policies? Have you looked at American National they do an express underwriting for 250k and under of life Term whole or UL it is a full application but something to keep in mind.

Newby is on to what I'm looking for. 1) similar to the RNA platform 2) small fully underwritten WL (less than 100k) (and actually around 50k or less)
3) the cases where you are on a FE appointment and the person is healthy enough to go fully underwritten (like RNA or better)

Maybe that would be Americo? I dunno?

I know JD goes to RNA for my example and probably Newby as well but I'm wondering what other carriers could be a consideration.

One thing I like about RNA is it is easy to switch gears from SI to fully underwritten with their product when you have a person that qualifies for it without having to pull out another carrier.

Americo now has a fully underwritten whole life as does Foresters. There is no one out there that competes with RNA's fully underwritten on price. Nor are they even close.

RNA is a $25000 minimum for age 18 thru 85. $10,000 minimum for ages 0 thru 17. They took a pretty good price increase on the 0-17 about a year and a half ago. It's still competitive but not nearly as unbeatable as before.

It has life pay, 20 pay and paid up at 65 options. There may be beter options out there for the high face amounts but I haven't seen anything that makes me want to know more.

Foresters does have a nonmed term product I think up to 250k don't quote me on the upper limit.

Term I'm not so concerned with right now as much as I am the WL aspect. I'm gonna start another thread on term (similar to this) once I get the WL aspect of my curiosity figured out. I'm trying to figure out some niches within carriers based on my original post.

0b1kanobee said:
Term I'm not so concerned with right now as much as I am the WL aspect. I'm gonna start another thread on term (similar to this) once I get the WL aspect of my curiosity figured out. I'm trying to figure out some niches within carriers based on my original post.

I wasn't sure just what you where asking. As Jd pointed out Foresters also offers the products but having dealt with them on just one couple recently left me scratching my head with thier services.

Not wanting to get the Wrath of JD, But there is UHL.

Also, Americo, BaltLife (B+ Rating), and Foresters just redid their Participating WL product.

The only thing about UHL, there is very little difference between their Standard Provider Premier rate which is fully underwritten ($103.60) and their Simplified Issue Premier ($107.93) on a Male age 45 NTU, 50K face amount.. If he qualifies for their preferred NTU rate, it would be about $10 cheaper.

Back