Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"

I have a close friend who was a rep for plumbing supplies until they eliminated his job. He came to me when I was real sick for career advice so I directed him to FE. He got on the internet "doing research" instead of doing what I told him and he fell in with a group selling over the phone. I was in and out of the hospital at that time and wasn't in a position to do anything about it. He crushed it for like 2 1/2 mos. but then got wiped out with charge-backs.

I bet he was doing this remotely and NOT in a call center... This would be a TYPICAL outcome for someone working out of their house.

and why I believe it's a bad idea to sell final expense over the phone, from home!

So, what "group" did he "fall in with"?

I hope you are feeling better!

I'm doing much better, thank you. I don't know who he was working for. He kind of soured on insurance after that and I heard he works for Sea Ray selling boats now.

!

this sounds like kids stories from the twenties i used to see at my grandparent's house.

I bet he was doing this remotely and NOT in a call center... This would be a TYPICAL outcome for someone working out of their house.

and why I believe it's a bad idea to sell final expense over the phone, from home!

does this concept apply to med supp too, or are they different animals in relation to phone sales?

If one is selling Med supp and not Ma it'd be very hard to get a large book fast selling face to face. You really need to be licensed in multiple states selling over the phone. For new single agents coming in the business with small expenses i'd go right in med supps and cross sell Fe. There's very little residuals in Fe as 3-5 yr persistency is terrible. Unless you recruit you'll be hustling for Fyc yr in and yr out.

He crushed it for like 2 1/2 mos. but then got wiped out with charge-backs. He's an excellent salesman; worked his way through college selling books door-to-door.

aha! maybe a Southwestern person.

i think there may be differences between book and insurance sales which are not immediately apparent. i also think that a very successful book sales person, particularly if selling qith the benefit of a car, might find a major difference enhanced rather than minimized.

I hope you are feeling better!

Why would selling from home be any worse than doing it from a call center, especially if leads aren't a big issue. Anyone ever heard of this outfit?:
WORK FOR US – USA Lead Company

Why would selling from home be any worse than doing it from a call center, especially if leads aren't a big issue. Anyone ever heard of this outfit?:
WORK FOR US – USA Lead Company

Its mind numbing being at home, alone, with no outside contact. Very few make it working from home in the telesales industry, but the ones that do make really good money. In a call center, you do have human interaction, and it makes it easier to be motivated when others around you are making sales.

Ive never heard of USA Lead Co, and I know just about every final expense telesales opportunity or call center in the industry.

It looks like their website is about a month old with a private registration. So they must be new.

http://www.whois.com/whois/usaleadco.com

Back