Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"     
Old 02-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
Guru
rousemark on Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts:12,875
State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Seems like there are no agents going into the business wanting to F2F selling. All the new agents are wanting to sell by phone.... from home...
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #2
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts:16,239
State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
That's because of the BS they hear from the marketers for telesales.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #3
Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts:1,011
State: KRobby is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
Seems like there are no agents going into the business wanting to F2F selling. All the new agents are wanting to sell by phone.... from home...
Are they the lil millellinnellials? They need a good pair of work boots.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #4
Guru
goillini52 on Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts:13,290
State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Originally Posted by KRobby View Post
Are they the lil millellinnellials? They need a good pair of work boots.

Wouldn't that look funny? Wearing work bots while you're in your underwear.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #5
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts:12
State: Renoguy is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Well, I am not surprised since they spend many of their waking hours every single day with their phones in their hands!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Guru
WinoBlues on Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts:17,226
State: WinoBlues is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WinoBlues is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Originally Posted by goillini52 View Post
Wouldn't that look funny? Wearing work bots while you're in your underwear.
Oh I don't know.

.

------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 04:32 PM   #7
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts:504
State: Kenny@ACAExpress is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Just because F2F is what you do does not mean it is for everyone and vice versa for over the phone. As the population ages non F2F will become more and more prevalent for the simple fact that someone today who is 25 will be more comfortable buying online/over the phone than some who is 50 today. And someone who is 60 is less comfortable with it than someone who is 50, etc., etc.

Trends show the number of life insurance sales made overall (not just FE in other words) are moving more and more toward no face to face over the last few years. And of those, the number which the initial contact, i.e a lead, is from the internet versus mail is trending toward online as well. Looking at my two sons (32 and 30), they only check their mailbox maybe once a week, all their bills come online, and 95% of the mail they get is trashed instantly. DM for them is not now nor likely will it ever be a thing.

At least as of now the trend is not as high as it would be if consumers could buy easily 100% beginning to end without human interaction since for the most part that is not possible. To think though that it will not be for more companies in the future is shoving your head in the sand.

I see a fit for both F2F and over the phone. What works for one agent may not work for another agent and vice versa. Same can be said for consumers, some simply prefer one over the other. It does not in and of itself make one better than the other, they are simply for the most part 'different'.

------------------------------------
Kenny West
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 04:50 PM   #8
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts:16,239
State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just because F2F is what you do does not mean it is for everyone and vice versa for over the phone. As the population ages non F2F will become more and more prevalent for the simple fact that someone today who is 25 will be more comfortable buying online/over the phone than some who is 50 today. And someone who is 60 is less comfortable with it than someone who is 50, etc., etc.

Trends show the number of life insurance sales made overall (not just FE in other words) are moving more and more toward no face to face over the last few years. And of those, the number which the initial contact, i.e a lead, is from the internet versus mail is trending toward online as well. Looking at my two sons (32 and 30), they only check their mailbox maybe once a week, all their bills come online, and 95% of the mail they get is trashed instantly. DM for them is not now nor likely will it ever be a thing.

At least as of now the trend is not as high as it would be if consumers could buy easily 100% beginning to end without human interaction since for the most part that is not possible. To think though that it will not be for more companies in the future is shoving your head in the sand.

I see a fit for both F2F and over the phone. What works for one agent may not work for another agent and vice versa. Same can be said for consumers, some simply prefer one over the other. It does not in and of itself make one better than the other, they are simply for the most part 'different'.
Do you sell FE by phone now or face to face or not at all?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #9
Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts:6,600
State: John Galt is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"

------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Old 02-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #10
Guru
goillini52 on Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts:13,290
State: goillini52 is an Insurance Agent from Illinois
goillini52 is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" Re: Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Originally Posted by WinoBlues View Post
Oh I don't know.

.

That doesn't look funny at all, but it does make me smile.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Reply to Every Body Wants To Be "Remote" 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum




Similar Threads with Every Body Wants To Be "Remote"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rental Expense & Body Shop Problems INSUREGEEK Auto Insurance Forum 0 05-14-2015 05:28 PM
Body Language Training SWM Getting Started Selling Insurance 11 07-05-2012 09:55 PM
State Farm Only Pays Body Shop Directly? kthelen Auto Insurance Forum 3 06-25-2012 11:46 PM
Body Donation Services? Guest Final Expense Forum 12 04-18-2012 01:44 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
Nothing - No ACA fixes - status quo
29.82 %
HHS Rulings and band aid bills
17.54 %
Hail Mary repeal and/or replace bill
17.54 %
A bipartisan bill to fix ACA
35.09 %

Voters: 57. This poll is closed