Fact Finder Vs. Flip Chart FE Presentation...

kwamster

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I just thought I'd start this thread to start what I feel is a much needed discussion, on why a lot of final expense agents are not closing as many sales as they ought to be ...

I actually think that the "flip chart" (presentation book) style FE presentations that a lot of agents use, are actually a big part of the problem when it comes to agents "missing out" on a lot of sales.

The reason why I say this is because most of them have a "one size fits all" approach, which doesn't really allow the agent to have a relaxed and "natural" style conversation with the prospect, in which he or she is able to probe and ask the proper questions in order to discover and agitate or "push" a prospect's "hot button(s)"

"Did the prospects just lose a loved one who had little or no insurance coverage", "do they already have adequate life insurance in place", "have they already paid for their funeral and burial expenses in advance", "are they looking to provide money to a spouse for "income replacement" or do they just want to leave some extra money to their children or grandchildren.

Without having a conversation with prospects and conducting a proper fact finder, you will never really know what their true problems or "hot buttons" are and how to properly tailor your presentation to not only address those problems, but to also effectively agitate and provide the proper solutions to those problems.

Also, I'm just a big proponent of not coming across as trying to "sell" the prospect on something and I think that most of the flip chart style FE presentations comes across as being kind of "canned", which puts the prospect on the defensive.

The only purpose of any insurance presentation should be to properly identify, agitate and provide a solution to a prospect's problem and I feel that can not be accomplished with the vast majority of Flip chart style FE presentations.

What do you guys think?...

Last edited:
How do YOU know what my presentation is like or how I sell or if I miss anything?

Don't come riding in here on your high horse and tell me/us what to do not do bubba

How do YOU know what my presentation is like or how I sell or if I miss anything?

Don't come riding in here on your high horse and tell me/us what to do not do bubba

"Your Presentation", "high horse" - What are you talking about?

Did I say that everybody uses a flip chart style presentation?...

"Reading is Fundamental"!!!

Last edited:
I actually think that the flip chart style FE presentations that most agents use, are actually a big part of the problem when it comes to agents "missing out" on a lot of sales.

I'm new to the business, but I have been gathering as much info as I can over the past several months. I've yet to come across anyone using a flip chart style in FE. Who makes these and who are these "most agents"?

sherd

I actually think that the flip chart style FE presentations that most agents use, are actually a big part of the problem when it comes to agents "missing out" on a lot of sales.

I'm new to the business, but I have been gathering as much info as I can over the past several months. I've yet to come across anyone using a flip chart style in FE. Who makes these and who are these "most agents"?

sherd

A "flip chart" style presentation is simply a presentation book, that has everything laid out (text and illustrations).

As you "flip" through or turn the pages as you read the text or script to the prospect.

Actually Americo gives out a free memorial guide, flipchart, dvd-commercial, and a slide rate book.
I haven't used it myself, but it looks nice. I just use laminated sheets I use that illustrate various things i.e. increasing costs of funerals, other final expenses to think about, list of companies I shop for them, typical funeral/cremation/cemetery costs, and a caution page that explains plans whose rates increase or plans cancel.
Its a learning experience for them...

Actually Americo gives out a free memorial guide, flipchart, dvd-commercial, and a slide rate book.
I haven't used it myself, but it looks nice. I just use laminated sheets I use that illustrate various things i.e. increasing costs of funerals, other final expenses to think about, list of companies I shop for them, typical funeral/cremation/cemetery costs, and a caution page that explains plans whose rates increase or plans cancel.
Its a learning experience for them...

That's true, but the only problem, in my opinion, with presentations that utilize "flip charts" (presentation books) or even videos, is that you are basically using the same presentation with everybody and different people require different approaches.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that you can't get sales using them. I just feel that most of these presentations doesn't allow you to interact effectively with the prospect and find out why they sent in the card or set up the appointment in the first place.

Plus, in my opinion, I feel that these types of presentation makes you come across like a "salesman" as opposed to an adviser who is asking them questions simply to get a better picture or understanding of their situation so that you can help them.

A "flip chart" style presentation is simply a presentation book, that has everything laid out (text and illustrations).

As you "flip" through or turn the pages as you read the text or script to the prospect.

I didn't ask for a definition of a flip chart. I asked you who makes them and who are these "most agents" you refer to that use them. Can you answer these questions

thanks
sherd

btw: "Reading is Fundamental"!!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Actually Americo gives out a free memorial guide, flipchart, ...]

thanks for the info

Last edited:
Back