Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity     
Old 05-30-2015, 12:41 AM   #1
Guru

State: John Galt is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity
For this great audio interview click the link below:

[url=http://www.theleadjerk.com/AgentAudioInterviews]Agent Audio Interviews[/url]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RphiKYI6P2o

------------------------------------

Last edited by John Galt; 03-05-2016 at 10:35 PM.
  Reply With Quote to FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity
Old 05-30-2015, 04:42 AM   #2
Guru
rousemark on FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity

State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity Re: FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post

Agent Audio Interviews
The Lead Jerk ZONE?.... Can Premium Yum Yum be far behind? Great interview.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:01 PM   #3

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity Re: FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity
Good stuff! Thanks for posting this interview with Matt and the one with Dave. The common thread I came away with from these guys is yes their very talented, but they don't get caught up in over thinking this business.

Matt's line about the only numbers that he tracks are his bank deposits every morning tells you all you need to know. They grind everyday and work their ass off!.... keep em coming Matt!
Old 05-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #4
Guru

State: jdeasy is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
jdeasy is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by stevejones View Post
Good stuff! Thanks for posting this interview with Matt and the one with Dave. The common thread I came away with from these guys is yes their very talented, but they don't get caught up in over thinking this business.

Matt's line about the only numbers that he tracks are his bank deposits every morning tells you all you need to know. They grind everyday and work their ass off!.... keep em coming Matt!
That makes me think of a long discussion I listened to yesterday about tracking leads and business and all kinds of equipment to do that. I think one agent said it takes him an hour and half a week to enter all the data for the next week. Might have misheard that?

Several were saying they didn't know how they could do this job without all that stuff.

I texted Travis during that time and told him that I don't use any of that stuff. He texted back that he didn't either.

Your comments made me think of that.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:50 PM   #5

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by jdeasy View Post
That makes me think of a long discussion I listened to yesterday about tracking leads and business and all kinds of equipment to do that. I think one agent said it takes him an hour and half a week to enter all the data for the next week. Might have misheard that?

Several were saying they didn't know how they could do this job without all that stuff.

I texted Travis during that time and told him that I don't use any of that stuff. He texted back that he didn't either.

I've come to realize that all you top producing guys have one thing in common...You keep the main thing the main thing...and that is your bank account..... you guys don't get caught up in the details that Gooner likes to call " mental masturbation".......
Old 05-30-2015, 01:03 PM   #6
Guru
Gooner on FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity

State: Gooner is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Gooner is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity
I've come to realize that all you top producing guys have one thing in common...You keep the main thing the main thing...and that is your bank account..... you guys don't get caught up in the details that Gooner likes to call " mental masturbation".......
You got it. The details are certainly important, but most agents use them as excuses.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:54 PM   #7
Guru
Bcrane0305 on FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity

State: Bcrane0305 is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post

Agent Audio Interviews
Thanks a lot! Spurcity-You never really talked about agent killers. Is your attitude so strong where it does not bother you at all when someone yanks your chain or pulls the rug from under you? Or are you so good with people you rarely have doors shut in your face? Or liars that waste your time? Do you also sell anything other than final expense off your leads?

Last edited by Bcrane0305; 05-30-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 02:07 PM   #8
Guru

State: SPUR CITY is an Insurance Agent from Texas
SPUR CITY is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity
Originally Posted by Bcrane0305 View Post
Thanks a lot! Spurcity-You never really talked about agent killers. Is your attitude so strong where it does not bother you at all When someone yanks your chain or pulls the rug from under you. Could you please elaborate. Thanks!
That stuff comes with playing the insurance game. When you have as many people to see as I do, it is on to the next for me. No time to marinate on the negative prospects, there will ALWAYS be those.

http://TheInsuranceSquad.com

281-536-4220

Last edited by SPUR CITY; 05-30-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #9
Guru

State: John Galt is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity Re: FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity John Galt is the thread starter for: FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity

Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
The Lead Jerk [B]ZONE[/B]?.... Can Premium Yum Yum be far behind? Great interview.
The Lead Jerk Show not zone lol, no premium yum yum lol

----------

Will do Steve thanks for listening

----------

Originally Posted by jdeasy View Post

Bout the only thing i track is money out and money in, cost of leads, gas, etc vs. how much i write each week, i keep it simple too.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:45 PM   #10
Guru
Bcrane0305 on FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity

State: Bcrane0305 is an Insurance Agent from
Originally Posted by SPUR CITY View Post
That stuff comes with playing the insurance game. When you have as many people to see as I do, it is on to the next for me. No time to marinate on the negative prospects, there will ALWAYS be those.
Your attitude is such a blessing! This job definitely presses your buttons.. A lot of people say it doesn't matter where you work . From your experience do you see a difference in some areasa?Did you use an algorithm to find your area or just trial and error?
Reply to FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Tags
interview, training