FE Agent Training Interview with Matt Mungia Aka SpurCity

Good stuff! Thanks for posting this interview with Matt and the one with Dave. The common thread I came away with from these guys is yes their very talented, but they don't get caught up in over thinking this business.

Matt's line about the only numbers that he tracks are his bank deposits every morning tells you all you need to know. They grind everyday and work their ass off!.... keep em coming Matt!

Good stuff! Thanks for posting this interview with Matt and the one with Dave. The common thread I came away with from these guys is yes their very talented, but they don't get caught up in over thinking this business.

Matt's line about the only numbers that he tracks are his bank deposits every morning tells you all you need to know. They grind everyday and work their ass off!.... keep em coming Matt!

That makes me think of a long discussion I listened to yesterday about tracking leads and business and all kinds of equipment to do that. I think one agent said it takes him an hour and half a week to enter all the data for the next week. Might have misheard that?

Several were saying they didn't know how they could do this job without all that stuff.

I texted Travis during that time and told him that I don't use any of that stuff. He texted back that he didn't either.

Your comments made me think of that.

That makes me think of a long discussion I listened to yesterday about tracking leads and business and all kinds of equipment to do that. I think one agent said it takes him an hour and half a week to enter all the data for the next week. Might have misheard that?

Several were saying they didn't know how they could do this job without all that stuff.

I texted Travis during that time and told him that I don't use any of that stuff. He texted back that he didn't either.

I've come to realize that all you top producing guys have one thing in common...You keep the main thing the main thing...and that is your bank account..... you guys don't get caught up in the details that Gooner likes to call " mental masturbation".......

I've come to realize that all you top producing guys have one thing in common...You keep the main thing the main thing...and that is your bank account..... you guys don't get caught up in the details that Gooner likes to call " mental masturbation".......

You got it. The details are certainly important, but most agents use them as excuses.

For this great audio interview click the link below:

Agent Audio Interviews

Thanks a lot! Spurcity-You never really talked about agent killers. Is your attitude so strong where it does not bother you at all when someone yanks your chain or pulls the rug from under you? Or are you so good with people you rarely have doors shut in your face? Or liars that waste your time? Do you also sell anything other than final expense off your leads?

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! Spurcity-You never really talked about agent killers. Is your attitude so strong where it does not bother you at all When someone yanks your chain or pulls the rug from under you. Could you please elaborate. Thanks!
That stuff comes with playing the insurance game. When you have as many people to see as I do, it is on to the next for me. No time to marinate on the negative prospects, there will ALWAYS be those.

Last edited:
The Lead Jerk ZONE?.... Can Premium Yum Yum be far behind? :D Great interview. :noteworthy:

The Lead Jerk Show not zone lol, no premium yum yum lol

----------

Will do Steve thanks for listening:)

----------

Bout the only thing i track is money out and money in, cost of leads, gas, etc vs. how much i write each week, i keep it simple too.

That stuff comes with playing the insurance game. When you have as many people to see as I do, it is on to the next for me. No time to marinate on the negative prospects, there will ALWAYS be those.

Your attitude is such a blessing! This job definitely presses your buttons.. A lot of people say it doesn't matter where you work . From your experience do you see a difference in some areasa?Did you use an algorithm to find your area or just trial and error?

Latest posts

Back