Is FE a Good Option?

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
As I've come to realize Indy health is a loser, I'm looking for something to get into. For background,I just got licensed in h/l. I really only have time to work 25-35 hrs/wk, and only afternoons and evenings currently.

Is everything done f2f or can it be done over the phone?

I've read that you need a good lead source. What are the options for that? How much do these options cost? What is the commission structure for FE based on sales? If my upline sells mostly health with a little life and very few annuities would he be a good mentor?

I'm am going to school to be a pastor so I need something that is flexible, but fairly lucrative. I'm not looking to get rich, but would like to make 20k/yr to maybe eventually 40k+.

Thanks I will. I got to about page 35 of your post about efes, to when u switched to securus. Now I'm on the thread from somebody starting with securus.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had read that thread already lol. Learning more on the other threads. My real question is this: can I hope to make half of what you make, by buying half the leads and working half the time?

Last edited:
Thanks I will. I got to about page 35 of your post about efes, to when u switched to securus. Now I'm on the thread from somebody starting with securus.
I had read that thread already lol. Learning more on the other threads. My real question is this: can I hope to make half of what you make, by buying half the leads and working half the time?

no, will take more hours and more leads at first.

And maybe a silly question, what does IMO and FMO stand for?
no, will take more hours and more leads at first.

Well then maybe I should wait until summer to start this where ill have 3 months of no school...

Last edited:
And maybe a silly question, what does IMO and FMO stand for?

Well then maybe I should wait until summer to start this where ill have 3 months of no school...

IMO - Independent Marketing Organization. Aka... someone you get your contracts through

This ties into marketing, so I though I'd ask.
How many clients do you typically gain/lose in a year?
If you lose a client, how much does that cost you?
Are referrals the primary mode of building a client base?
Are referrals your primary mode of building a client base?

Is everything done f2f or can it be done over the phone?

I've read that you need a good lead source. What are the options for that? How much do these options cost? What is the commission structure for FE based on sales? If my upline sells mostly health with a little life and very few annuities would he be a good mentor?

I'm am going to school to be a pastor so I need something that is flexible, but fairly lucrative. I'm not looking to get rich, but would like to make 20k/yr to maybe eventually 40k+.

I would say yes - most everything should be done f2f; phone sales can be done but you'll need to spend a lot of time following up to make sure the business stays on the books.

As to the rest - find a good GA who's main focus is Life that will let you work part time, train you on product/processes, and mentors you in other markets.

Last edited:
New to FE...full time or no time. It's that simple. The thinking is reversed. Int he beginning you must work like a dog...talk to a lot of people and learn your craft. You won't make a living starting off part time. I have yet in over 10 years, found anyone who has started off part time and transitioned into full time successfully.

Take the leap or step away from the cliff. Not trying to be a dick. Just some tough love. I get asked the "part time thing" every week.

It doesn't work. It just doesn't.

New to FE...full time or no time. It's that simple. The thinking is reversed. Int he beginning you must work like a dog...talk to a lot of people and learn your craft. You won't make a living starting off part time. I have yet in over 10 years, found anyone who has started off part time and transitioned into full time successfully.

Take the leap or step away from the cliff. Not trying to be a dick. Just some tough love. I get asked the "part time thing" every week.

It doesn't work. It just doesn't.

100% correct. I won't train anyone to do this part-time.

Back