FE Objection : I Am Moving to the United Kingdom & this is Covered Over There

CALTCAgent

Guru
1000 Post Club
I had objection, "I am moving to the United Kingdom and final expenses are covered over there".

I have no idea what they cover and don't cover over there. This person was american but said they were moving because it is cheaper to live over there.

I would be suprised if people can move over there and have these costs covered, but I really don't know.

How would you handle this objection ?

Thanks!

I had objection, "I am moving to the United Kingdom and final expenses are covered over there".

I have no idea what they cover and don't cover over there. This person was american but said they were moving because it is cheaper to live over there.

I would be suprised if people can move over there and have these costs covered, but I really don't know.

Thanks!

Buh-Bye.jpg

I did have that same look and it was bye bye. I thought maybe I should have tried more though. She asked me the cost right before she mentioned the UK thing.

I would have still quoted her. Final expenses are only apart of why people buy insurance. Otherwise every one would only buy $15,000.

I haven't done the numbers but I would make an educated guess that over 90% of my clients buy less than $15,000 coverage.

I haven't done the numbers but I would make an educated guess that over 90% of my clients buy less than $15,000 coverage.

Different market as I understand it. A few under $10,000, most in the $10,000 - $20,000 area. Where Steve lives plots are going to be in the $15,000 range. Edit: a quick search seems that on the secondary market they can be gotten lower in the $5,000.00+ range.

----------

Here is what a trailer home cost you in San Jose.

607 Mill Pond Dr # 607, San Jose, CA 95125 is For Sale - Zillow

Last edited:
----------

Here is what a trailer home cost you in San Jose.

607 Mill Pond Dr # 607, San Jose, CA 95125 is For Sale - Zillow

Nice curb appeal, and under market value too! But where do the wheels go on that thing?

----------

Thanks!

I would say "wow that's awesome, I've never heard of that, so tell me how it works" as I pull out my phone and Google 'funeral cost england' and as she is yammering some bull crap she heard somewhere, I'm scanning through this site
https://www.gov.uk/after-a-death/arrange-the-funeral

And by the time she finally shuts that ignorant dribble, I say:
"Wow, that sounds fantastic. ...hmmm but let's see....what close relative of yours is a uk citizen who will be receiving public assistance when you die? Hmmmmm?
Let's look at the SF 200 claim form to see how you will (or probably won't) qualify"

Tip: research the cell phone coverage maps, go with the best coverage with the fastest data, and get a bigger screen.

Country wide, it's verizon...not the prepaid plans, only their full priced contract plans...Also they have the lowest frequency transmission band, so it penetrates buildings.

Here in Atlanta it's at&t, and thankfully their prepaid plan is full coverage and LTE data.

If a FE agent is on something like Boost, Virgin, metroPCS, or Sprint...eh, need to step up

Last edited:
Tip: research the cell phone coverage maps, go with the best coverage with the fastest data, and get a bigger screen.

I was just checking into that. I was wondering what technology I should carry with me. The 2 areas that are taking too much time are the quoting and applications.

How well does the quoting work on a cell phone ?

I was thinking an ipad or tablet type device would possibly be better. But I have not tried any of these.

Then I am not sure how often in FE you use the riders and/or if they are available on FEX quotes.

Some of the rate guides seem cumbersome at first glance. Maybe they are easier after more familiarity. Some are basic, some not.

Last edited:
Dell venue 8 Pro, $200...it's has full Windows and comes with Office license included.

Wireless keyboard case on amazon about $30

Hot spot to your phone for internet.

My phone is a Samsung note2, but it can be frustrating trying to use it as a real computer...and any software you have to install from a carrier will likely need windows os

Thanks!

I'm curious, did you ignore her nonsense and keep going with your presentation and close?

Or did you just go home with a sad booboo on your face?

Back