Feds to Crack Down on Robo Calls

Pretty well informed article other than telling people to not press the number to remove your number from the dialing list. Within most systems that does remove your number from that particular campaign.

360 said:
Pretty well informed article other than telling people to not press the number to remove your number from the dialing list. Within most systems that does remove your number from that particular campaign.

You think they wish to solve the problem?

Just spoke to a guy that does the press 1 leads for FE and he said that they are not in violation of the law because they do not have any licensed agents answering the phone and they do not do a live transfer. He says they have 2 attorneys that have investigated it fully with the FEDS..Doesn't make sense to me...

What do you guys think?

Just spoke to a guy that does the press 1 leads for FE and he said that they are not in violation of the law because they do not have any licensed agents answering the phone and they do not do a live transfer. He says they have 2 attorneys that have investigated it fully with the FEDS..Doesn't make sense to me...

What do you guys think?

Why even take a chance? I'm sure one Attorney may see it one way, and the govt. seeing it another...Too risky

What do you guys think?

I generally try to be open-minded, but those attorneys, if that's what they concluded, are idiots. The law is pretty clear and you can see it right on the FTC website.

It's legal *IF* there is a live intro and they have permission to play the message. A straight robo call is totally, completely, and inexcusably illegal in the absence of express permission for such calls.

FTC Robo Call Ban | Auto Dialer Services

Whether or not the agents take the live transfer and whether or not they're licensed is irrelevant.

Again, if they have a live person getting permission from the prospect before playing the recording, that's different, but without the permission it's totally and completely illegal.

Actually, I would think there is some validity to that advice. They are already breaking the law, what is one more by not having a DNC list? Or selling it to another company for their robo campaign?

I really hope this doesn't turn into another "are Press 1 leads legal" thread. If a person will actually read the article posted it's 100% clear what the answer is.

Back