Feedback on Equis Financial?

People refinance their mortgages and take out cash, so their balances don't necessarily decrease.

That, and people don't like to settle down long enough to pay it off. Someone once told me the average person gets a new home or refinances every 10 years. Just thinking about this makes me remember all the Dave Ramsey seminars!! :no:

Here is the thing, just because your mortgage balance is going down doesn't mean your need for insurance is going down.

Just talked to a 78 year old. His 15 year term expires very soon. He is dealing with massive sticker shock over the price of new coverage. Still wants a term, although I doubt he will be able to get it between health and limited options.

The reality is, a 50 year old almost certainly has much more need for life insurance than a 30 year old. Between typically higher income and more responsibility for others it is often quite a bit higher.

Inventory.

I converted a term rider last night on a 69/70 year old. Half the coverage at three times the premium.

Do you recommend bringing along a jar of Vaseline for those types of appointments? Or do you prefer KY?;)

Ha. She knew it was coming. In my last call to her I joked that if she had plans on dieing or want the beneficiary to get anything she needed to die by next (2017). I sent her daughter a summary with the expiration date in red.

I also wrote the daughter a Sagicor Gul, her daughter a Sagicor Gul and her other two daughters MoO Whole Life's. Her mom laughed and asked when she, the daughter, had to die. I told her that illustrations only run to age 121 so she needed to call me when she turns 120. ;)

They thanked me for helping them. Win Win.

I like using the "you need to die by xxx" line.

Ha. She knew it was coming. In my last call to her I joked that if she had plans on dieing or want the beneficiary to get anything she needed to die by next (2017). I sent her daughter a summary with the expiration date in red.

I also wrote the daughter a Sagicor Gul, her daughter a Sagicor Gul and her other two daughters MoO Whole Life's. Her mom laughed and asked when she, the daughter, had to die. I told her that illustrations only run to age 121 so she needed to call me when she turns 120. ;)

They thanked me for helping them. Win Win.

I like using the "you need to die by xxx" line.

Indeed. Better late than never. Nice work. You keep this up with your old clients, you'll be richer than you ever was.:yes:

Indeed. Better late than never. Nice work. You keep this up with your old clients, you'll be richer than you ever was.:yes:

No, I am just lazy. It is just an easier way for me to work. She lives an hour and a half from me. I was not going to drive that unless she knew the price and really wanted it.

SO I am a potential "NEWBIE" with years of insurance back office experience but not sales. I have spoken with Equis but taken no action. If they are as bad as described, is there another company that's actually good? Thanks for any help on this.

SO I am a potential "NEWBIE" with years of insurance back office experience but not sales. I have spoken with Equis but taken no action. If they are as bad as described, is there another company that's actually good? Thanks for any help on this.

Being a sales person is completely different than what you are used to.
Unfortunately, without sales experience, it's not going to be an easy move.
With the right work ethic and attitude, anything can be accomplished.
There are plenty of us on the forum that would be willing to speak with you and at least give you some guidance.

Welcome to the FE Forum!:yes:

There are places that offer training and low contracts but won't charge you for leads.:idea: Steer clear of that Equis, that's a ridiculous ripoff! Some of the guys on here can provide a great education and a low risk, reasonably priced pay per lead program.

Without a doubt steer clear of Equis. Companies like them take advantage of a new agents naiveness. If you have questions, I'd be happy to discuss with you and steer you in the right direction. We have quite a few killer agents who are willing to train and properly set you up for success, without you giving them half your commission!, on here.

----------

That, and people don't like to settle down long enough to pay it off. Someone once told me the average person gets a new home or refinances every 10 years. Just thinking about this makes me remember all the Dave Ramsey seminars!! :no:

Crazy isn't it!

Back