FEX Leads Are They Good...

I was selling Mortgage Protection for Symmetry and it was my belief that they were cherry picking the leads. Out of 44 A leads 40 were outside of the target ages of 30 to 50 with the predominance of the leads in ages 60 and 70s.

Yes you were getting screwed on those. With our leads you will be able to always see the exact date that the response card arrived. And you will not pay anything for any lead outside of your chosen age filter.

So if and agent wants ages 55-79 and he gets a completely filled out card but the husband is 54 and the wife is 52, that card is free and you will get an immediate replacement lead.

I would have to think our system is as good as it gets. Others have the same as ours but as you have found, the majority of agencies try to pass off BS as quality leads.

Why would you keep buying your leads through "company lead programs" if you keep getting burned by them? Especially since you say you are experienced and understand the fe demographics. Unless maybe you're in a terrible return area.

Why would you keep buying your leads through "company lead programs" if you keep getting burned by them? Especially since you say you are experienced and understand the fe demographics. Unless maybe you're in a terrible return area.

There is value in a company lead program because of the discounts. The issue is that many IMO pass off their lead program as real leads, when in reality they are reconstituted.

Many of the FE mentors on here are the best in the industry. Instead of looking at an IMO, Id concentrate on interviewing a couple mentors.

OP, I also started in this biz with an IMO similar to Symmetry. I experienced the same cherry picking as you did. Most companies have legit leads. It comes down to 1. Are they resold or exclusive & 2. Do they say the words "life insurance" on the first line.

For a more in depth overview of multiple direct mail vendors take a look at my video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Avhv1vK-PuA

I use TLC and certainly don't have the filter restrictions you claim. Unless someone is in a very very bad market and needs to actually pay per lead.

Broke for ever wether the lead says "life Insurance" or not is irrelevant. I've worked over 10k leads on both including walmart leads and i've found almost the same amount of people think its free versus not. If the the words "Life insurance" on the card mean so much then why is the lead cost only $2 more at Rgi and Efes versus the generic card? Obviously the lead responses %'s are near the same.

Broke for ever wether the lead says "life Insurance" or not is irrelevant. I've worked over 10k leads on both including walmart leads and i've found almost the same amount of people think its free versus not. If the the words "Life insurance" on the card mean so much then why is the lead cost only $2 more at Rgi and Efes versus the generic card? Obviously the lead responses %'s are near the same.

Some would say that the response might be the same, but the expectations for the prospect are different.

Are you saying the free Walmart gift card DM leads are the same quality as the DM leads that explicitly say "Life Insurance"?

Some would say that the response might be the same, but the expectations for the prospect are different.

Are you saying the free Walmart gift card DM leads are the same quality as the DM leads that explicitly say "Life Insurance"?

A good agent can work with any lead that gets him in front of people. The word "life insurance" on a lead card is more important to new agents than experienced ones. It's a $1.50 more for the card to say life insurance than to say Final Expense Program.

We have some agents try both and go back to the life insurance verbiage. Other agents like the plainer one better. In addition agents can pay one more dollar and have it say "affordable" life insurance. Not many stick with that one.

All this stuff is just agent's choice and has been debated thread after thread.

Adding free gifts definitely weakens the leads but greatly lessens the cost because it will raise responses. If I was an agent paying per 1000 I would consider the free gift cards. Just to have more people to see if you needed that. But an agent paying between $25 to $30 per lead should never settle for any free gift offer on the card.

Newby i agree with a generic "free Walmart Gift" card. But some Fixed cost lead programs at $25 a lead will have "life insurance" in the verbiage 3 times and they will put at the bottom "you must qualify for this program and an insurance agent may contact you" which helps a lot. I don't like the free lead cards were you check off for one of 3 different gift cards.I like the cards that just say "free walmart gift card".For me the ages 55-79 is the most important thing.

Newby i agree with a generic "free Walmart Gift" card. But some Fixed cost lead programs at $25 a lead will have "life insurance" in the verbiage 3 times and they will put at the bottom "you must qualify for this program and an insurance agent may contact you" which helps a lot. I don't like the free lead cards were you check off for one of 3 different gift cards.I like the cards that just say "free walmart gift card".For me the ages 55-79 is the most important thing.

Personally I prefer the card that doesn't mention life insurance anywhere on it.

I prefer to meet with people that already have life insurance. Many of those people will throw away the card that says life insurance because they believe they have it taken care of.

I meet with far higher percentage of people that have life insurance when I use the card that doesn't have the words "life insurance" on it.

Back