FEX Leads Are They Good...

Debrabrkr941

Expert
Has anyone used the FEX leads- how were they....leads are thru NUS I believe. I have had some really bad experiences with other company lead programs.:mad:

Has anyone used the FEX leads- how were they....leads are thru NUS I believe. I have had some really bad experiences with other company lead programs.:mad:

Do tell...

What kind of "bad experiences" did you have with "other company" lead programs?

What are the "other companies" you are referring to?

From previous posts it looks like you were with Senior Life and then Symmetry Financial.

I recommend you reach out to one of the "mentors" on here like Doug Massi or David Dufford.

FEX has about two reps that market on here Newby and JDeasy for their IMO. But they are looking for a more seasoned agent, from what I gather, so Im not sure if you fit their mold, but you'd have to ask them.

FexContracting is our agency National Underwriting Service. Are our leads good? I would have to say the results speak for themselves.

We have direct mail leads at a set cost ($25 to $33) telemarketing leads $9, Facebook Leads by Lee O'Neal (the best in the biz) and more.

The other mentors mentioned are good too but one of the owners of FexContracting (Travis Tubbs) has to have a track record of training and mentoring successful agents that rivals anyone. And many successful agents had no experience at all prior to signing with us.

We have our agent training call every Friday morning. Give Mark a call at our 800 number and ask to sit in on on a call. You will have access to around 100 agents who actually KNOW how our leads, training, companies and commission levels are working for them. There is no better source of information than that.

Last edited:

FEX is an IMO. NUS is the real contracting name.

They are not a lead vendor. They provide access to lead vendors. The do administer the RGI leads because that's how it has to be. An individual agent cannot buy leads from RGI unless they buy 1000 leads at a time.

Seems you may need to go back to FE 101. Start from the start.

I would recommend spending a day reading at the fexcontracting.com website before signing up with FEX or anyone.

But, it's really not about the leads. It's about the training and on going support from the upline. As long as they are an upline that knows about selling FE.

I've been fulltime making a living selling FE for 8 and half years now. I just did the math and I've averaged about $4500 ap a week for those 8 and half years. And that's with many lead sources. The first 5 of those years was with EFES and their leads. The vast majority of those were their DM leads but I did use some of their TM leads from time to time. The last 3 and half years I've been with FEX. But I've had the same direct upline, Travis Tubbs, the whole time.

With FEX I've used LC leads. Almost 2 years on the E64 leads. And with some TM leads thrown in here and there and even a few avatar. And a handful of internet leads too. The rest of the time on the RGI leads.

It's never mattered much which lead I've run. My numbers have always been about the same. That has more to do with the training from mostly Travis but also Tim Winders and Dan Runge. With bits and pieces from all the other agents that were part of EFES and now FEX. But it's still more of the foundation that Travis teaches and more importantly, shows.

FEX is a producer IMO. The whole thing is about the producer. The owners are producers. They are not desk jockeys.

Some of it may be the leads? The leads I used at EFES were very good for me. The RGI leads seem to be a bit better but it's more about the data than the leads. I don't know what RGI does different but they do whatever it is better than anyone else.

EFES stopped mailing my favorite county to work because of low returns. RGI gets leads for me in that county all the time. More than I want actually. I gave Scott permission to sell some of my leads in that county to another agent.

Bottom line, get with a real FE IMO and follow the path they have already made. Last year FEX had 10 $200K producers and another 15 or 20 over $150K producers. They will have more this year.

And that's an IMO that's not 4 years old yet. The leads are just part of the formula.

As an example, you could give me 10 of the most qualified annuity leads in the world. I couldn't do anything with them because I don't know the first thing about selling annuities. And if I wanted to learn I would seek out the best agent selling annuities. I wouldn't go ask a P&C agent.

Last edited:
Their leads are good. I used them for over a year. I think all the "popular" IMOs use basically the same lead card though. "Life insurance" and "Final Expense" in the first line.

At the end of the day, a lead is a lead. DM is still king.

I'm with Doug, what was the problem with the leads you were using? Not a bunch of broke people on disability?? ;)

I was selling Mortgage Protection for Symmetry and it was my belief that they were cherry picking the leads. Out of 44 A leads 40 were outside of the target ages of 30 to 50 with the predominance of the leads in ages 60 and 70s.

----------

From previous posts it looks like you were with Senior Life and then Symmetry Financial.

I recommend you reach out to one of the "mentors" on here like Doug Massi or David Dufford.

FEX has about two reps that market on here Newby and JDeasy for their IMO. But they are looking for a more seasoned agent, from what I gather, so Im not sure if you fit their mold, but you'd have to ask them.
I am experienced and realistic, I think. I understand the demographics of the FE market and I have no problem sitting in a pee soaked house with a dirty baby in my lap and 2 dogs trying to lick my face. Dogs and dirty babies I like, bad smells rotting floorboards that my high heels punch down thru I can handle. Leads that are old or cherry picked I cant handle. If Im buying old leads as old leads thats fine but dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining.

I was selling Mortgage Protection for Symmetry and it was my belief that they were cherry picking the leads. Out of 44 A leads 40 were outside of the target ages of 30 to 50 with the predominance of the leads in ages 60 and 70s.

Oof, that's gotta hurt.....

Yeah, unfortunately not all IMO's are very conducive to fairness, honesty, and the ethical treatment of agents. I bet you gave up a big part of your contract just to buy those leads too!

Do some research and du diligence before picking another IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the feeling about working cherry picked leads. Send me your resume or maybe just a few pics. I might be able to help you out. Like my old friend Frank used to say;

"Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow"

Back