Final Expense Appointment Setting

LRobert

Hi and sorry if this has been posted already, I Looked (probably looked wrong) but couldn't find an answer.

New to being independent (have worked in call centers with hot leads from 2012-2015) and haven't done cold calling before. Budget is low so can't afford real leads, yet.

Yesterday I died 1067 numbers (predictive dialer) and got "Not Interested" 62 times without landing a single appointment. Is this normal or is it because of my script?

My script is as follows:

Agent: Good <Time of Day> is <Client> Available?
Client: That's me (Or hold on)

Agent: <Client Name> This is <Agent Name> With evelade financial group, did I catch you at an okay time?

Client: No I am <Insert Excuse Here>

Agent: Okay No problem, I'll be very brief then. I was calling because there are several state regulated final expense programs that you're entitled to and it says here you are about <insert age> years of age, is that correct?

Client: Yes thats right

Agent: Great and do you smoke or use tobacco?

Client: No

Agent: awesome and have you ever had diabetes, heart attack, stroke or cancer?

Agent: Wow it seems like your in pretty good health, we're in your area this week which day would be better for me to stop by and get this information to you? <Insert Day> or <Insert Day>

END SCRIPT

and that is the furthest I have gotten, I personally do not like the script and not sure where I got it (I think i got it off youtube? The land of experts)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. I Feel that with 1,000+ dials and over 60 contacts should land me at least a few appointments though I could be wrong.

----------

I left out - My list i pulled is for age 65+ with an annual income up to $35k.

Hi and sorry if this has been posted already, I Looked (probably looked wrong) but couldn't find an answer.

New to being independent (have worked in call centers with hot leads from 2012-2015) and haven't done cold calling before. Budget is low so can't afford real leads, yet.

Yesterday I died 1067 numbers (predictive dialer) and got "Not Interested" 62 times without landing a single appointment. Is this normal or is it because of my script?

My script is as follows:

Agent: <Client Name> This is <Agent Name> With evelade financial group, did I catch you at an okay time?

Agent: Okay No problem, I'll be very brief then. I was calling because there are several state regulated final expense programs that you're entitled to and it says here you are about <insert age> years of age, is that correct?

Agent: Wow it seems like your in pretty good health, we're in your area this week which day would be better for me to stop by and get this information to you? <Insert Day> or <Insert Day>

END SCRIPT

and that is the furthest I have gotten, I personally do not like the script and not sure where I got it (I think i got it off youtube? The land of experts)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks. I Feel that with 1,000+ dials and over 60 contacts should land me at least a few appointments though I could be wrong.

----------

so this is just a list not leads? if that's the case you need to keep on dialing because you haven't come close to enough dials, also expand your ages.. good luck that's a tough way to do it

My script is as follows:

END SCRIPT

----------

Scratch the first thing I bolded. You'll get an excuse almost 100% of the time if you keep asking for it.

2nd thing I bolded, stop asking them what day is good and start telling them when you'll be there. If that's not good for them they will let you know. Does a real professional ask you when a good time for you is or do they tell you what they're schedule looks like? You fit they're schedule, they don't fit yours.

As for the 3rd thing I bolded, you should be calling $0-$40K or so. You're missing the biggest part of the FE clientele with the income filter you're using.

You definitely have some skills in how you you are able to take control and get them to answer those questions (and the heart to take the rejection). A good FE focused agency would help you hone your talents for the FE game and hopefully show you a better path, regardless of your budget.:yes:

My script is as follows:

END SCRIPT

----------

You are targeting the wrong ages and income. Do 50-80 and 0-40k to get better results.

Eliminate all yes/no questions. Don't ask is it a good time? Will you be available?

Also take out pointless questions. Why does it matter if they smoke or not? Are you not going if they are smokers? That's something you ask in person.

Lastly, this is what you need to hear but not what you'll want to hear. Go get a job, and save up money for leads. Tons of agents have tried exactly what you're trying and they all fail.

thanks will make these changes and test out - and in terms of asking questions like tobacco usage and stuff, to my understanding it was to keep them engaged and the call moving in the direction I want even though I have options for everyone. If I were to take that out I am not sure where I would go after intro, right into the appointment?

thanks will make these changes and test out - and in terms of asking questions like tobacco usage and stuff, to my understanding it was to keep them engaged and the call moving in the direction I want even though I have options for everyone. If I were to take that out I am not sure where I would go after intro, right into the appointment?

More or less, yes! Ask yourself, what is the purpose of the call? To set the appointment. Everything you say should be directed to that goal and to do it with a few words as possible. Set the appointment, say thank you, next call.

I personally would not answer any type of health question when asked by a stranger who initiated the call.

Lastly, this is what you need to hear but not what you'll want to hear. Go get a job, and save up money for leads. Tons of agents have tried exactly what you're trying and they all fail.

Definitely agree here. You don't have much money but think of all of the "money" you're spending in time. That's a ton of phone calls. Use that time to make money and spend it on leads--i.e. people on the other end of the phone line who are waiting for your call. You gotta pay to play. If you're afraid to practice with A leads, find B leads. That's what I started with.

My script is as follows:

END SCRIPT

----------

I would cold door knock a list before I cold called. Killing 2 birds with one stone. Gets you in front of people, gets you used to talking with people and presenting.

A better option would be to get with a mentor/ upline/imo or whatever you want to call it and see if they have old leads you could work or buy cheap. That's how I got started and it worked

Latest posts

Back