Final Expense Companies That Pay the Fastes

The companies that come from a funeral Preneed background all pay within 24 hours of death on NON-CONTESTIBLE claims. Those include ForeThought, Lincoln Heritage, NGL, And lots of regional companies like Investors Heritage, Cincinnati Equitable, Atlantic Coast, Homesteaders Life and many others. None of these companies can claim to be any faster than another because they ALL pay within 24 hours of death and often quicker. The claims are paid WAY before there is even a death certificate.

Most FE companies have a more traditional death claim process. Most REQUIRE a certified death certificate with the death claim. That requirement can slow the claim down a month or longer in some states. Death claim with most FE companies takes from a few weeks to a couple months. CONTESTIBLE claims often take 90- days to settle but I've only seen one company that takes longer than 30-days AFTER they have all the medical records. That is unacceptable.

5-Star Life is unique in that they pay 50% of the claim Preneed style (24-hours with no death certificate needed) and the other 50% traditional style (after death certificates are issued).

I guess if one company can claim to be the fastest, it has to go to Homesteaders Life. They give all the funeral homes their own check book. If the funeral home receives a death call of one of their insureds, they call a toll free number to verify coverage amount and the funeral director writes the check himself on the Homesteader check book. It can't get any quicker than that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Just replaced a homesteader's policy to day. Saved a customer 50 dollars a month

Yes but that's not apples to apples.

Yours is likely lifetime pay, the Homesteaders is paid up in 3,5 or 10 years.

Yours is level benefit. The Homesteaders increases the death benefit each year.

Still could have been a good replacement. Just not the same thing.

Yes but that's not apples to apples.

Yours is likely lifetime pay, the Homesteaders is paid up in 3,5 or 10 years.

Yours is level benefit. The Homesteaders increases the death benefit each year.

Still could have been a good replacement. Just not the same thing.
At age 75 a ten pay and lifetime are about the same

What was the Face Amount? That $50 a month you saved her amounts to $6,000 after 10 years(don't know how much her FA would've increased in that time).

With current growth rates $10,000 would only grow around $3,500. But there are more variables than that. The funeral home prices usually increase more than the growth rate so they get that through the price guarantee. Also most people with preneed insurance pay the policy off early and save more on it.

I'm not saying an FE is never a better option than the preneed insurance policy. I'm saying they aren't a direct comparison.

With current growth rates $10,000 would only grow around $3,500. But there are more variables than that. The funeral home prices usually increase more than the growth rate so they get that through the price guarantee. Also most people with preneed insurance pay the policy off early and save more on it.

I'm not saying an FE is never a better option than the preneed insurance policy. I'm saying they aren't a direct comparison.

So Homesteaders isn't FE, but Pre Need?

Latest posts

Back