Final Expense -- Easy Cross Sell

Frank Stastny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Florida
[FONT=&quot]Although I have never tried to specifically market final expense insurance I have talked to hundreds of agents who have. Based on what they have told me it seems that it would be much more enjoyable for me to go to the junkyard barefooted and kick broken bottles and bricks.

It appears to be way too much work, too frustrating, expensive and time consuming. I have sold a ton of final expense in the last sixteen years and each sale was an easy and rewarding experience. Why? Because I had already developed a relationship with that person and they knew and trusted me.

Every final expense sale I have ever made was the direct result of a Med Supp appointment. Med Supp appointments are so much easier to get and Med Supps are so much easier to sell without the need to spend thousands of dollars buying what I consider mostly worthless "leads". In my experience direct mail is the absolute worst when working the senior market.

Most of the time after making a Med Supp sale I am able to show my new client that not only can they have a policy that will cover their funeral expenses but it will not cost them any additional money over and above what they were already spending.

Over 99% of the time, when I sell a Med Supp policy, I am able to save my new client money. Many times I have saved them a substantial amount of money. (It doesn't occur often but I have saved a prospect over $100 per month on their Med Supp policy.)

After completing the Med Supp application and pointing out the savings it is a very smooth transition to simply make the suggestion that, with the money they saved, it may be a wise decision on their part to invest a portion of that savings in a final expense policy.

Since the prospect is not going to have to increase the amount of money already coming out of their checking account, most often they also think that it is a good idea.

Med Supps and Final Expense go together like a hand and a glove.

Does it get any easier that that?[/FONT]

I could not agree with you more! Who do you use for Medsup?

Right now I am using National States, AnTex, United of Omaha and will be using Gerber. However, that could change at any time with rate increases.

Anyone who is not an independent agent in the senior market is putting themselves at a great disadvantage.

I've heard some mixed reviews about Gerber. I have yet to see their rates.

North Carolina, 65 non tobacco female Plan G is $81.06 for zip codes 270 - 289.

Plan F premium for the same female would be $96.13

If you will send me your e-mail address I can send you the rate sheets for NC.

Oh, I just remembered, I also have very good contracts for Gerber. :1wink:

Hey Frank, Nice Info. Your first post looks awful familiar, hmm maybe I just read that in some sort of training program... HaHa

I have submitted contracts through American National and AnTex. MoO, UoO, Woodman of the world/Assured are on my desk ready to be submitted.

Im getting excited to finally sell! :biggrin:

-Craig

Hey Frank, Nice Info. Your first post looks awful familiar, hmm maybe I just read that in some sort of training program... HaHa

I have submitted contracts through American National and AnTex. MoO, UoO, Woodman of the world/Assured are on my desk ready to be submitted.

Im getting excited to finally sell! :biggrin:

-Craig

Yea, I saw that some place also. Sounded like the guy knew what he was talking about so I posted it here. :D

You know, if you need any more help all you have to do is call.

Thanks for the contracts.

Don't forget to also offer single premium life in place of CDs for those leaving money to charity or relatives. I've got two in the works right now. 72f, 14k exchanged for a paid up $21k life policy. 81f exchanged a $10k cd for $12,780 policy. I put this offer in my newletter once per year and do well with it.

Don't forget to also offer single premium life in place of CDs for those leaving money to charity or relatives. I've got two in the works right now. 72f, 14k exchanged for a paid up $21k life policy. 81f exchanged a $10k cd for $12,780 policy. I put this offer in my newletter once per year and do well with it.

Now you are quoting YODA in your signature.

Did I miss something?............LOL

Back