Final Expense only or Med Supps & FE

I guess I should not be suprised that most responses were more interested in what they wanted to say rather than the question. Probably how they try to "sell" in the home too.

As far as reverse mortgages go, they are, ( in 5 years experience and selling 60+ loans a year) usually the last choice, or option to stay in their home. Rarely is it a matter of interest rate, etc. They want to live as long as possible in their home. Again, it is an issue of listening to what they want not telling them what is best.

Back to my original question, is it feasable to make a good living selling just final expense or do I need to sell med supp's also?

I need recommendations for final expense or final expense & med supp organizations to take a look at. Feel free to email or post a response.
Thanks for listening!

Here's my opinion and you are more than welcome to PM me or call me if you want to talk more about this. I do business in the Senior Market; that is where my lead focus is. From a financial standpoint I believe it makes more sense to be able to offer my clients every piece of senior market product available:Final Expense, Med Supps,LTC,etc..I like to think of myself as a "one stop shop" agent. I want my clients to be able to have one single contact for all of their insurance needs vs. calling Agent Jones for their Med Supp, calling Agent Jim for their FE then calling someone else for something else. I think it's better to offer it all. I agree with the other posting about cross selling leads...call it a "complete needs analysis." Not only does it make more sense financially for the agent, it also makes more sense for your relationship building with that client, as well as makes it easier for the client themselves, especially seniors.

I would say that if you dislike the paperwork side of things, you would have a good chance at enjoying the simplicity of final expense only. The products are very simple, and the service requirements are few. Drop me an e-mail and I will point you towards a great magazine article that touts the simplicity of final expense. I have never even carried a health license, final expense is the only thing I write and I manage to make a very respectable living doing so. Where are you at in MN?

Back