Final Expense presentation points

retread

Guru
1000 Post Club
Kansas
I am working on a few points in my FE presentation for background, and noticed the following news articles. Some of you may already be aware of these events....

www.kansascity.com | 05/21/2008 | Funeral-plan scandal will unfold slowly

And for further comments:
TEXAS TAKES CONTROL OF NPS; MISSOURI FORMS PRENEED LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE

Looks like pre-need plans are not very secure, leaving FE as a more trustworthy approach to funding funeral expenses for those trying to pre-plan.​

No NPS was not a typical pre-need company. What the news article wasn't telling is NPS had been marketing for the last 10-years or so using VERY HOT young women approaching the funeral home owners.

Their bullshit offerings were ridiculous but they were ...HOT! Any funeral home that feel for their crap got exactly what they deserved. While most pre-need companies (Forethought, Homesteaders, Monumental etc.) have realistic growth on the policies each year (usually 3-4% at most) NPS just had a very loose "whatever the funeral home price increase was, the policy will cover it." Yeah right.

And if you asked what the AM Best rating was for the insurance company..."Oh we don't allow our company to be rated at all." I guess their "hotties" make up for bad AM Best ratings.

That was a very bad scam of a company and everyone in the funeral industry that had a lick of sense knew to stay away from them. But, there is a small percent of dumb-asses in the funeral industry that were thinking with thier small heads. They deserve what they get in my opinion.

The funeral home owners that stuck their clients with that trash company should have to refund their money and accept the loss. They are too stupid to be in business. An AM Best rating of less than B+ is a huge red flag. And hot girls in short skirts are fine in some industries but I don't buy financial products just because some girl is flashing T& A.

However if you want bad media coverage on funeral preplanning look no further than AARP's January magazine. They torch it. Too bad all the examples they give are cemetery purchases...not insurance funded-funeral preplans.

Funeral preplans are simply final expense insurance with inflation protection. No better, no worse.

No NPS was not a typical pre-need company. What the news article wasn't telling is NPS had been marketing for the last 10-years or so using VERY HOT young women approaching the funeral home owners.

Their bullshit offerings were ridiculous but they were ...HOT! Any funeral home that feel for their crap got exactly what they deserved. While most pre-need companies (Forethought, Homesteaders, Monumental etc.) have realistic growth on the policies each year (usually 3-4% at most) NPS just had a very loose "whatever the funeral home price increase was, the policy will cover it." Yeah right.

And if you asked what the AM Best rating was for the insurance company..."Oh we don't allow our company to be rated at all." I guess their "hotties" make up for bad AM Best ratings.

That was a very bad scam of a company and everyone in the funeral industry that had a lick of sense knew to stay away from them. But, there is a small percent of dumb-asses in the funeral industry that were thinking with thier small heads. They deserve what they get in my opinion.

The funeral home owners that stuck their clients with that trash company should have to refund their money and accept the loss. They are too stupid to be in business. An AM Best rating of less than B+ is a huge red flag. And hot girls in short skirts are fine in some industries but I don't buy financial products just because some girl is flashing T& A.

However if you want bad media coverage on funeral preplanning look no further than AARP's January magazine. They torch it. Too bad all the examples they give are cemetery purchases...not insurance funded-funeral preplans.

Funeral preplans are simply final expense insurance with inflation protection. No better, no worse.

Thanks for the reply.... I was getting the impression that you confirmed. This problem with NPS has been going on for years. I don't know how they have been able to keep their doors open with state AGs on their case (Jay Nixon/MO 2005). Just trying to sort through the bad press to find out whether or not I am going to get burned in this market.

Hot girls help in selling about anything. That's why most of the pharmaceutical sales people are good looking women.

Hot girls help in selling about anything. That's why most of the pharmaceutical sales people are good looking women.

True but if their meds were really sugar pills instead of Prozac, they wouldn't last long.

I know a girl who worked for NPS. She's a hot mid 20s redhead with a boob job. Fits your description pretty well.

She quit a few months ago and brought all her clients to Great Western. I think they do the same thing..im not sure (not in FE)... Anyways, I sent her these articles, I'm sure she'll explode an implant when she reads these.

I know a girl who worked for NPS. She's a hot mid 20s redhead with a boob job. Fits your description pretty well.

She quit a few months ago and brought all her clients to Great Western. I think they do the same thing..im not sure (not in FE)... Anyways, I sent her these articles, I'm sure she'll explode an implant when she reads these.

If she honestly believed she was offering a quality company or her clients were choosing her company because they knew anything about what they were doing...she's just not real aware of what's going on.

Back