Final Expense Sales Presentation Script. Meeting Your Client In Person

azmga

If prospect is from a lead then:

1. Take your time..

2. Build rapport. Build rapport. Build relationship... Take time to get to know your "Client"..

3. Just keep talking to your prospect about family, sports, politics, past jobs, past times, past deaths, past funerals, children and grand children. (Just checking to see if you are still with me.)

4. After 15 - 45 minutes (depending on prospect) of light-hearten conversation ask your prospect:
"What is your desire? To be cremated or to have a funeral?
Discuss
"Do you have Whole Life Insurance that will guarantee your final arrangements are paid for".
(I have closed sales in 45 states and in Canada, over the past 20 years, and warm up varies drastically. In the southwest there is no such thing as a 10 minute warm up then get down to business.)

***Your rapport and relationship with your new client will have a huge impact on your persistency or policy retention.

5. Listen

6. This will tell you everything you need to know.

7. You will organically get the reasons why your prospect wants to have FE Whole Life Insurance:cool:

More to come..

WARNING: Snide, Offensive and Demeaning Comments BELOW;
If you are a prospective insurance client or insurance agent.
Read the critical and attacking comments below and then ask yourself ,
"Would I ever have interest in meeting or contracting with the following licensed 'Professionals'".

There are a few helpful brokers below with constructive comments.

Last edited:

1. Take your time..

2. Build rapport. Build rapport. Build relationship... Take time to get to know your "Client"..

3. Just keep talking to your prospect about family.

4. After 30 - 45 minutes of light-hearten conversation ask your prospect:
"Do you have Whole Life Insurance that will guarantee their final arrangements are paid for".

5. Listen

7. You will naturally get the reasons why your prospect wants to have FE Whole Life Insurance:cool:

More to come..

Good advice but I must say I seldom spend 30-45 minutes in the "warm-up".. About 15 would be closer to my normal.

Last edited:

1. Take your time..

3. Just keep talking to your prospect about family.

4. After 30 - 45 minutes of light-hearten conversation ask your prospect:
"Do you have Whole Life Insurance that will guarantee their final arrangements are paid for".

5. Listen

7. You will naturally get the reasons why your prospect wants to have FE Whole Life Insurance:cool:

More to come..

After about 15min they start getting "antzy" if u havent started getting to the 'meat" of the appt....30-45min on warm up, wow?? And any good agent/salesman reads the situation, some call for a longer warmup, some call for only 5min...its not a "1 size fits all" sorta thing!

Wow, 30 to 45 minutes warm up! IMHO most prospects would shove you out the door----unless their brain dead.

After 30-45 minutes of warm up, I would expect that both the client and I would be brain dead!

What in the world could you talk about in the warm up that would last for that long? Even if you could, why would you want to? :nah:

I was thinking the warm up sounded a bit excessive as well. 5-10 minutes.....depending on the person, sounds more likely. I mean, they know you are there to sell them something, so they are waiting to hear what it is. The way I see it, selling yourself is something that is done the whole duration of the appointment, and respecting their time is a big one. Granted, I've only done this a couple of months, and I only sell med supps right now, but am looking to transition into FE as well.

Seems to me, some people want you to get right to it, and will put that wall right up if you try to soften them up with small talk. I think you have to read people and see what kind of 'warm up' you are going to need. I've had clients that I've gone in, done the presentation and left without getting to know much about 'them' at all, and that's the way they wanted it. And other clients who just talk and talk and talk.... both have been sales. I am pretty sure neither one would have been if I wasn't smart enough to treat them differently in the appointment, based on what I could tell about their personalities when I met them.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if AZMGA has ever sold an FE policy in his life.

More likely he is a recruiter from Arizona about to unload a huge amount of spam.

Well his name is Arizona MGA and not AZFEPRODUCER. lol. I like the line "Do you have Whole Life Insurance that will guarantee their final arrangements are paid for". I too only warm up 5 - 15 minutes. Until they relax and we are talking like buddies. If at some point they say they have coverage that line would be a good one to get them talking about what they do have as it could be term. Better then going right at price.

AND I'm pissed the Phoenix Coyotes beat my Chicago Blackhawks last night in overtime!!

AND AZGMA, sorry about posting personal info on you. I was informed that is frowned upon in these parts.

Last edited:
Well his name is Arizona MGA and not AZFEPRODUCER. lol. I like the line "Do you have Whole Life Insurance that will guarantee their final arrangements are paid for". I too only warm up 5 - 15 minutes. Until they relax and we are talking like buddies. If at some point they say they have coverage that line would be a good one to get them talking about what they do have as it could be term. Better then going right at price.

AND I'm pissed the Phoenix Coyotes beat my Chicago Blackhawks last night in overtime!!

I'm not even a huge hockey fan, but it has been a great series... 3 games, all decided in overtime. Go Coyotes!

I went to bed after then end of the 3nd period and we were up 1-0. Woke up in the middle of the night and used the Ipad to check the score and WE LOST. Couldn't get back to sleep! Dang it! ha

Back