Final Expense Telemarketing Script

It's from Mike Brooks and his audio series called "The Real Secrets of the Top 20%" (of phone sales people). It's a great series. This paragraph seems to really take the pressure off.

I think we need to get together to take a closer look at your situation.

If it looks like I can help, I'll tell you, if not, I'll tell you that too.

If it's not much of a concern, we don't have to go any further. Is that fair?

(heck if I can remember who I got this last part from on the board but I've used it many times for every type of cold call and it works almost every time. Thanks to who ever I borrowed it from)

Last edited:
Found it! It was Delta76 that posted that on April 30th, 2008!

How's that!

Thanks Delta for that part of the script! I grabbed it about 3 months ago when I was reading and I put it in my little word document of cool little sayings.

Hello Mr Jones. This is _________ here in _________, I'm calling to follow up on the burial insurance information that you requested. Where you needing life insurance on yourself, a family member, or both?

That is the script that is in place, but the problem I need help with is how to respond when they say, "I didn't request any information".

Question of the day... "Are you cold calling or did they actually fill out and send in a reply card requesting information?"

I'll probably get piled on here, but I just have a concern about basing the start of your whole presentation on deceit. What's the point of that?

Why not be honest from the beginning and be that "trusted advisor" that people talk about so much? Just change the script intro a little bit so you still have the sizzle to get people interested, and ask something different?

Ya, that's pretty crappy huh? I don't like it any more than the next guy. But I don't ever recall having a job that there wasn't some level of deceit towards the client/customer.

All I can do is try this and see the outcome. I don't plan on selling anyone something they don't need. I'm not going to slam or cram anything down their throat. If they need what I have to offer, then they will say so. If they don't, then they don't. I just want the OPPORTUNITY to tell them what I have.

I'm not pulling this whole thing out of my butt. This is a combination of a few other experienced trainers that gave me the "idea" to try it. I know I'm a good guy and don't plan on screwing anyone over.

If you have a the perfect FE script that I can have that will get these same results, hand it over. I will trash this and try yours.

oh and Tom...P90X is way too freakin hard! lol

I never said they sent ME a reply card...

The reason I asked because I saw that other guys were under the impression that you had a lead card. That's why TheInsuranceMan posted a rebuttal to them responding about not remembering requesting info. I could easily tell what your approach was. It might actually work on some people. At least you're hustling trying to get some business. I think you have what it takes to make it. But the approach is deceptive and the senior market isn't as dumb as some may think. I wish you the best of luck though.

If you are Cold Calling, rather than deceit, how about:

Mrs. Jones, my name is Bob Levine, with Legacy Financial Partners. We offer FREE information regarding burial insurance, whether it be for yourself or a loved one. The reason for my call today was to see if it was okay to send something to you. That way, if you knew it was coming, it's less likely you would throw it away.

Disclaimer: I don't do cold calling for FE, but if I did, this is the approach I would use.

Back