Final Expense Telemarketing Script

If you are Cold Calling, rather than deceit, how about:

Mrs. Jones, my name is Bob Levine, with Legacy Financial Partners. We offer FREE information regarding burial insurance, whether it be for yourself or a loved one. The reason for my call today was to see if it was okay to send something to you. That way, if you knew it was coming, it's less likely you would throw it away.

Disclaimer: I don't do cold calling for FE, but if I did, this is the approach I would use.

Very good approach. I would rather try for an appointment rather mail them something.

People almost never mail something back. Drop 1000 FE mailers and only 5-15 will fill them in and mail them back. And that's with the 1000 addresses being targeted by income and age...FE demographics.

If you are Cold Calling, rather than deceit, how about:

Mrs. Jones, my name is Bob Levine, with Legacy Financial Partners. We offer FREE information regarding burial insurance, whether it be for yourself or a loved one. The reason for my call today was to see if it was okay to send something to you. That way, if you knew it was coming, it's less likely you would throw it away.

Disclaimer: I don't do cold calling for FE, but if I did, this is the approach I would use.

Bob, nice, easy script. It could use a little tweaking, and I am going to steal some of it. thanks in advance...

Mrs. Jones, My name is___, and I was calling in regards to your upcoming and imminent passing. You know? We're still at a 100% mortality rate here in the US; everybody dies someday.

An average funeral nowadays is about $7500.

Do you have burial insurance or are your kids going to cough up the money?

Very good approach. I would rather try for an appointment rather mail them something.

People almost never mail something back. Drop 1000 FE mailers and only 5-15 will fill them in and mail them back. And that's with the 1000 addresses being targeted by income and age...FE demographics.
Exactly!!
Sort of as an example of how this was done on me is that I was recently cold called for AT&T U-Verse service. I have had DirecTV for years, but I've recently wanted to switch to something like UVerse. Anyway, when the UVerse people cold called me, I didn't care what his intro was, and in fact, he was a pretty bad cold caller, but I was interested in what he had to say so I stuck with him.

I didn't buy that day, but I definitely started the process in motion. Not too long after that, I was cold walked by a UVerse rep, and we sat down at my kitchen table and did the paperwork.

But my point is, I really don't think the perfect script exists. The true pros here like theinsuranceman, Frank Stastny, and HoosierDaddy will confirm that there are some things that need to be done with when you say things and how you say things, but the delivery itself may be a lot more important.

And I'm with you, I wouldn't bother with making the call to get permission to mail something, if you get a live body on the other end who will let you get past that first question or two, just have a dialogue with them.

Good luck!

And I'm still on the fence about P90X. I just finished Insanity, and that is TOUGH! I started P90X this week, so the jury's still out.

Mrs. Jones, My name is___, and I was calling in regards to your upcoming and imminent passing. You know? We're still at a 100% mortality rate here in the US; everybody dies someday.

An average funeral nowadays is about $7500.

Do you have burial insurance or are your kids going to cough up the money?

This beats my approach by a long shot

The reason I asked because I saw that other guys were under the impression that you had a lead card. That's why TheInsuranceMan posted a rebuttal to them responding about not remembering requesting info. I could easily tell what your approach was. It might actually work on some people. At least you're hustling trying to get some business. I think you have what it takes to make it. But the approach is deceptive and the senior market isn't as dumb as some may think. I wish you the best of luck though.

just when i think i'm getting the hang selling insurance, someone throws me a curve ball. how could you tell he didn't send a lead card out?? and what made it so easy?

So just got an email from my "boss", and he said something that I liked even better. He told me that a better approach would be to say that I had mailed them and hadn't heard back. So I'm calling to follow up on that.

I appreciate everyone's input that has been posted already. I didn't feel like I was being bashed at all. Sometimes I feel like I can't post on this forum without someone being a jerk. Was nice to see both sides of the fence on this. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
From my old days at the Prudential (1987):
"I have an idea that I THINK will be of interest and value to you. I'm not sure if you will feel that it has interest and value to you, but it will only take about 10 mins to find out. With that in mind, will Tues at 10:00 AM or Wed afternoon say 1:00 PM be better?"
Answer any objection and quick re-ask for the appointment.

Same idea as above, but it works.

Back