Final Expense Telemarketing Script

fetam

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Hello Mr Jones. This is _________ here in _________, I'm calling to follow up on the burial insurance information that you requested. Where you needing life insurance on yourself, a family member, or both?

That is the script that is in place, but the problem I need help with is how to respond when they say, "I didn't request any information".

I don't want to be confrontational and say YES YOU DID! I would rather transition into more of a questioning process.

*Oh, I'm sorry about the mix up. But since I have you on the phone, why don't we discuss what you currently have in place to protect your family from having to pay for your final expenses.*

Do you think that would be something that would work. I'm sure you will say, just try it and let us know! But just seeing if anyone else has had luck with this type of lead that doesn't remember requesting info and how to diffuse the situation.

When you hear, I didnt send out no stinkin card....."Mr jones, you are like most people, you get lots of mail. Most people forget, happens all the time" Even I would forget" ha ha

Then you get the " oh yeah now I remember"

"Whats this all about?".........

Then comes the "oh its insurance" click........
:D

If they say "they do not remember filling the card in" you say "most of the people I speak with each week don't remember either...you know.. we get so much mail nowadays". (No Pause) Anyways the card says your adress is_____, and your age/b'date is__________, and your wife's/husband's name is________ and their age/b'date is_______. (No Pause) Was this FREE information for both of you or just one of you?

Don't use the word "insurance" this early in your dialog, you'll use it later on when you start talking rates. I say the same thing no matter which state I'm calling to...selling FE over the phone using a digital recorder.

"State approved plans" sounds so much better than "insurance" when you haven't even warmed the prospect up yet.

Last edited:
And the potential client says "what is a state approved plan"
IS thats something free I can get?

And then sounding like Ralph Kramden from the honeymooners..humuuna hummuna hummuna its a, well, uh, umm ah,

and the minute you say the "I" word ...click

Thats why any marketing piece sent out should have the words life insurance all over it.
Not like those sneaky 225 social security mailers from the 1950's.
Sure you get a lower response, but the quality of the leads are much better....

And the potential client says "what is a state approved plan"
IS thats something free I can get?

In 11 1/2 years of selling just FE full-time I've NEVER heard "what's a state approved plan". NEVER.

If I did hear such a question I would say "these are state approved plans that are regulated by the State Dept. of Insurance".

Is this something free that I get?....I'd say well of course the information is free...but the plans are not. If they hang up that's no problem. They were just one of the "no's".

If you have something better please share. Thanks.

Awesome awesome information. I think that will work good for me. I appreciate it guys.

I just wanted something to get them talking and have the ability to ask questions and fact find. I think it's a solid quick intro script.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hello Mr. Jones. This is _________ here in _________, I'm calling to follow up on the burial insurance information that you requested. Where you needing coverage on yourself, a family member, or both?

(I didn’t request any information!)

Most of the people I speak with each week don't remember either...you know…we get so much mail nowadays". (No Pause) Anyways I have your address as_____, your age is __________, and you could use $10,000 in protection. (No Pause) Was this FREE information for just you or did you have someone else in your household that needed coverage also?

(fact finding time)

I think we need to get together to take a closer look at your situation.

If it looks like I can help, I'll tell you, if not, I'll tell you that too.

If it's not much of a concern, we don't have to go any further. Is that fair?

(heck if I can remember who I got this last part from on the board but I've used it many times for every type of cold call and it works almost every time. Thanks to who ever I borrowed it from)

Last edited:
Greg, Sorry you dont like my sense of humor. You are probably very good at what you do. I was not questioning your sales technique. I was just poking fun at how sales people have to dance around the subject, so as not to lose a sale or an appointment.

I get a lot people thinking its a free government program.
Thats why I dislike the 225 social security mailer, it tends to be a bit misleading, and people have to guess what its all about.

Greg, Sorry you dont like my sense of humor. You are probably very good at what you do. I was not questioning your sales technique. I was just poking fun at how sales people have to dance around the subject, so as not to lose a sale or an appointment.

I get a lot people thinking its a free government program.
Thats why I dislike the 225 social security mailer, it tends to be a bit misleading, and people have to guess what its all about.

I was not offended at all. I like hearing other points of view.

Back