Final Expense - Titanic Thinking

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I look at final expense like being on the Titanic after it has hit the iceberg. We all know that we are going to have to get off the ship (or die one day), but some of us want to wait to the last min to jump off or get on the life boat (buy life insurance).

With final expense, they ship is just moments from going under and the panic has really set in. The older you get the more you think about the ship sinking and that you need to come up with a plan to protect your family and pay for your funeral. The time to do something is now.

The younger clients, are like the people on the Titanic when it 1st hit the iceberg. They are not panicing and think there is no real rush to do anything and they will just wait to the last min to do something.

I think deep down we all know that we should have life insurance. We just don't want to have to worry about it right now and will just put it off until later. Kind of like we do taxes. But as insurance agents it is our job to help them protect their families now and not allow them to put it off any longer.

Last edited:
I look at final expense like being on the Titanic after it has hit the iceberg. We all know that we are going to have to get off the ship (or dye one day), but some of us want to wait to the last min to jump off or get on the life boat (buy life insurance).

. The older you get the more you think about the ship sinken and that you need to come up with a plan to protect your family and pay for your funeral. The time to do something is now.

Very good post, Mark, but you should clean it up a bit. Dye? What color---red or blue. It's die. The verb is spelled sinking.:biggrin:

LOL, Thanks!!

I'm having brain farts all the time these days. Just so much going on at once.

Mark,

What about the people waiting to board?

Don't they need insurance?......................LOL

Do you think that one person readying to board the Titanic thought that it wasn't going to reach the other side without peril...? Of course not.

That is the same mindset with many of these final expense folks... until the Grim Reaper walks up and taps on the window... Then it is like, "Oh yeah, better get someone else to pay for that box that is going in that hole in the ground"... R-i-g-h-t... We'll get right on that, after we find that lung that you lost from those 3 packs of Camels everyday, for the past 50 yrs...

You all know the drill............>

Do you think that one person readying to board the Titanic thought that it wasn't going to reach the other side without peril...? Of course not.

That is the same mindset with many of these final expense folks... until the Grim Reaper walks up and taps on the window... Then it is like, "Oh yeah, better get someone else to pay for that box that is going in that hole in the ground"... R-i-g-h-t... We'll get right on that, after we find that lung that you lost from those 3 packs of Camels everyday, for the past 50 yrs...

You all know the drill............>

It was a joke; hence the LOL.

Very good post, Mark, but you should clean it up a bit. Dye? What color---red or blue. It's die. The verb is spelled sinking.:biggrin:

LMAO, I'm glad I am not the only grammar nerd here.

Mark, keep painting the pictures, love it.

Arnguy:

I don't know about the die'n part, but Mark just spelled sinken exactly the way that he talks. He's from Georgia ya know... and that southern drawl just comes out that-a-way, and it even transcends to his fingers when typing...
:idea:

Back