Final Expense Training by Alan Benedict

When you have had a tough week and only closed one or two sale. Think about the poor guy that had to go around measuring the young dogs in the front yard then had to hit the nursing homes for old dog comparisons. Yikes!

Turns out it really is a dog eat dog world.

If you put Alan Benedict in the search box, I think you will find at least one thread about him.

jdeasy, springbokhouston, rearden and agentguy5 all post here. Glen Shelton/Lead Heroes has a booklet about cold calling. John Galt gave away old leads for 2 months last year. Their business practices would be of much more concern and interest to me than those of some guy of whom I have never heard.

You never heard of Mr. Benedict? :confused::confused::confused:

If it is true that the number of FE agents is declining, why is that a problem?

Pretzel didn't suggest it was a problem, he was questioning the validity, since he's in full blown over analyzing mode.

You never heard of Mr. Benedict? :confused::confused::confused:

I never heard of him until someone else made inquiry about him awhile back.

At this point I can't remember what was said in the thread and it doesn't particularly bother me. Were I developing an FE "in the field plan", the things the people I mentioned have to say are what I would be concerned about.

I never heard of him until someone else made inquiry about him awhile back.

At this point I can't remember what was said in the thread and it doesn't particularly bother me. Were I developing an FE "in the field plan", the things the people I mentioned have to say are what I would be concerned about.

AB is one heck of a self promoter... He sells for Lincoln Heritage and has published articles in Insurance Selling magazine.. You can find some of his talks on youtube..

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that how you were trained or did you try the telephone route and F2F seems to just work out better for you? On avg how many contacts are you making a day..?

Try it both ways and see which way works best for you. The same thing doesn't work for everyone. I'm comfortable doing it either way, but I refer to door knock.

Before you spend to much more time worrying about which way to work a lead, hadn't you oughta get your license 1st? Seems like you're over analyzing the best way to do that too. :yes:

----------

AB is one heck of a self promoter... He sells for Lincoln Heritage and has published articles in Insurance Selling magazine.. You can find some of his talks on youtube..

Final Expense Training by Alan Benedict - YouTube

Doesn't he like to work the "Cruise Circuit" and charm the little old ladies with ballroom dancing?:laugh:

Trained to door knock, define contacts? This REALLY is a job you can't over analyze. Go see people, make them smile/laugh and show them how you can help them. Buy leads, work said leads, do it again the sam way everyday.

Not sure why people on this forum 'over analyze' me.. I like to here about people's experiences - it's as simple as that..

Share or don't share - not just you-anyone. What's true about this forum - some can suck the life out of a friendly exchange..

I'm interested in someone sharing their numbers - how using the phone vs showing up at the door(or vise versa) made an impact on their production. And why..

This isn't about what's the best way to do it -- successful reps on both ends..

Not sure why people on this forum 'over analyze' me.. I like to here about people's experiences - it's as simple as that..

Share or don't share - not just you-anyone. What's true about this forum - some can suck the life out of a friendly exchange..

I'm interested in someone sharing their numbers - how using the phone vs showing up at the door(or vise versa) made an impact on their production. And why..

This isn't about what's the best way to do it -- successful reps on both ends..

People on this forum don't mind helping. We just find it pointless to keep answering questions from someone that hasn't made an attempt to do this business. You're just wasting everyone's time unless you're planning on writing a book.

I told him the same thing in his last thread and he called me an @ssh0le :laugh:

Why is it you waste your time being cyber bully(s) -- share or don't. Anyone who says I'm "trolling" them thinks to highly of himself..

I wonder how these clients would feel knowing how mean spirited a lot of FE agents are.

Do you have children? Would you feel proud to let your children read how rude you are to strangers? Will you admit to being a cyber bully? :1wink:

Prtzl - oooh, caution, caution, CAUTION!

I'm not saying dont ask questions. I have worn out my welcome more than once. However; something you really need to keep in mind if you expect to get any answers to at least some of your questions is that you and I are NOT insurance agents. and these folks have NOT spent their day in an internet cafe checking every 5 minutes to see if LostDollar or Prtzl have made a post so they can answer it.

I call it question goodwill and my experience here has shown me that as a non-agent I have a very limited amount of it.

I think some care with the stuff you ask may be order. Again I can't give you specific threads, but I think in the last 4 months the answer to the question you asked, at least to the extent that you as a non-agent are going to get an answer, has been posted in at least 2 threads. General percentages of closed deals in both the door knocking and the telephone sales environment have been posted, and varying "experiences" of that information have been posted by agents and by sellers of leads.

Back