Final Expense Training by Alan Benedict

Damn, will there be 3 SEC teams in the Elite 8?

I think Alford will be named Indiana's next head coach tomorrow.:yes:

Or not......LOL
V
V
V
"I'm absolutely, 100 percent, not going to Indiana," Alford said Friday night, moments after the Bruins lost 86-75 to Kentucky in the Sweet 16. "I am happy here. I love it here."

Last edited:
This is what I mean by you having unrealistic expectations...

Have you ever tried sending mailers with 1-800 phone numbers? You use Grasshopper it's $25. Per month per number.

That's how I want my mailers done. I don't want to waste time having someone filling out anything why bother? I'm not going to their house to show them they filled it out. Time is of the essence. The fastest you can make a prospect contact they more of a chance I can close them. Filling out a card and sending back wastes one week in ma time. I want prospects calling me. That means there interested and ready to but Now.

Otherwise your just a prospecter and not selling. Twenty years selling over the phone I've NEVER ever not even close spent over 5 hours a day on the phones. And honestly 95% of the time three hours a day wS enough. If I could not take 5-10 applications in 4-5 hours something is wrong with the marketing.

I think I may bring a different prospective to you on how to get MY phone ringing. I'm not a Operator or a lead generator. I want all my time speaking to prospects ready to buy now.

----------

Read his email response I added. He mentions if he don't close 5-10 apps in 4-5 hours, the marketing is wrong. He should stick with what he is doing. I was leaving personal stuff out of it and just giving him advice, but now he wants to act like I was sending him PM's or something. This dude signed up WITH ME. Why would I be PMing MY AGENT? And if I was PMing him BEFORE he was my agent, then they couldn't be that bad if he signed up with me correct???

This guy is a piece of work.

----------

Talk about having it figured out before he even started......

This is why I stated I have never been taking or making calls more than 3-4 hours a day. I was not prospecting. I was not cold calling. I was only speaking with prospects that were ready to buy once I confirmed I could do what they read- on my mailers, or were told on live transfers.

Working 3-4 hours on the phones I always took 5-15 mortgage applications a day. My pull thru rate was 90%. That's making over $100,000. A month net. No need to work longer with those kind of numbers.

It sounds like the quality of data or leads maybe the issue. Otherwise I can't imagine why you would have people calling 8 plus houses a day.

A salesman should spend time selling not prospecting or calling for warm leads. That's what a $120. A week filipino girl can do. Two or three girls calling has to leave me with 20 plus ready to go buyers everyday. If not There's a data quality problem.

Then for mailers I want verbiage different than anyone else uses with a 1-800 phone number. So when they read that mailer it grabs their attention with an offer they can't live without .. literally. CALL NOW 1-800- GEORGE licensed insurance agent limited time offer.

If I can't close 50% of those inbound mailer calls I should get a job that requires wearing a name tag and a hair net.

I have sources for data and mailers also that I have used for mortgages. With tele sales it boils down to quality of the data. If junk data will get **** results. If good data 3-4 hours is all ya need on the phones.

I have had **** data before when experimenting with cold calling. Then your correct it could take 7-8 hours to yield what you could in 3 hours with good data.

Core Logic has the best data in the country.

The guy said he's making $100k a month net? Wow...here's your sign...

Thanks for the entertaining read though

Oh, okay. I just noted in another thread that I wasn't going to assume they were talking about FE leads and here I go assuming you were talking about Med Supp leads!

those assumptions get me in trouble all the time.:laugh:

I was listening to this training call by Final Expense Training by Alan Benedict.

This is not a thread meant to ridicule Alan at all. From what I understand, he's been selling FE for many years and is successful.

He mentioned he never calls his leads - he always knocks on their door. Anyone here do the same?

Yes.

What's perplexing to him is how the market is growing but the number of sales agents are shrinking in numbers.. Is this true?

That training call was from June 2011 ... much has changed in the FE world since that time. The number of agents is and has been rising quickly. Between Craigslist, ziprecruiter, indeed, and Facebook groups, selling Final expense (and now Medicare Advantage) has become the Herbalife of the 2000-teens and will probably continue for a bit more.

However, the number of agents in the field regularly, while much greater than it was when Alan Benedict conducted that training over 8 years ago, has not kept pace with the number of licensees. A reading of some of these Facebook groups will show that many of these folks recruited to the dream of being rich agency owners don't have money for leads, haven't been trained to work the leads they did buy, and are often driving Uber or delivering Dominos and Papa Johns to make ends meet.

And incredibly, more than a few of these folks who are failing at FE and moonlighting for extra cash have already recruited down line agents themselves!

Talk about "scratching my head" ... :huh:

Almost every single Fe imo is pushing med advantage now . Almost every single former top agent is recruiting and selling leads now . I also think health insurance basically gone has contributed to the saturation . Many homes I go in there’s 2-3 dm fe cards sitting on the table . Only the strong and capitalized will survive .

Back