Final Expense Training Part 3 of 12

Agentguy5

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vero Beach
Leads and getting the most out of your start up cost/investment!:idea:

Direct Mail or DM Lead Cards
The biggest value of DM leads is that you can tweak out the target market by age, income, race, and since there is a lot more data available for DM than for Telemarket leads, it’s easier to get yourself a regular amount of leads in a given area.

Telemarketed or TM Leads
Usually cost less than DM but are limited in a given area! When you start to tweak out the age and income filters there are even less to call.

Internet Leads
Unfortunately, as of today, I only know of 1 guy that doesn’t resell his internet leads. The issue is that they are even harder to get in a given area than the TM leads. They are also the most expensive lead, but possibly the easiest to close!

A lot of IMO’s will recommend new agents to work TM leads while they are waiting for their DM’s to come in. I don’t agree with this. My feeling is that new agent’s should start door knocking their Direct Mail leads until they can afford to start calling to make their own appointments. DM’s are easier to Door Knock and are the standard! If you’re strong on the phone from day 1, then that is different. Unfortunately, most agents don’t jump into FE with lots of cash flow and phone experience, therefore Door Knocking is the way to go. At least it was for my wife and me during the better part of our first year!

1. Learn how to door knock. Once you have consistent cash flow, start setting appointments by phone!

2. Don’t waste money on appointment setters. After a year or so of experience, start ordering 30+ leads a week and then you can think about getting a setter.

If you take my advice on this subject, you will have a better chance of making it in this industry! Don’t get me wrong, I know there are exceptions to the rule! Efficiency is important for your investment but there is No appointment setter that will treat your leads the same way that you do.

Hope this is helpful and would love to see experienced agents share their experience on the topic!:GEEK:

Leads and getting the most out of your start up cost/investment!:idea: Direct Mail or DM Lead Cards The biggest value of DM leads is that you can tweak out the target market by age, income, race, and since there is a lot more data available for DM than for Telemarket leads, it’s easier to get yourself a regular amount of leads in a given area. Telemarketed or TM Leads Usually cost less than DM but are limited in a given area! When you start to tweak out the age and income filters there are even less to call. Internet Leads Unfortunately, as of today, I only know of 1 guy that doesn’t resell his internet leads. The issue is that they are even harder to get in a given area than the TM leads. They are also the most expensive lead, but possibly the easiest to close! A lot of IMO’s will recommend new agents to work TM leads while they are waiting for their DM’s to come in. I don’t agree with this. My feeling is that new agent’s should start door knocking their Direct Mail leads until they can afford to start calling to make their own appointments. DM’s are easier to Door Knock and are the standard! If you’re strong on the phone from day 1, then that is different. Unfortunately, most agents don’t jump into FE with lots of cash flow and phone experience, therefore Door Knocking is the way to go. At least it was for my wife and me during the better part of our first year! 1. Learn how to door knock. Once you have consistent cash flow, start setting appointments by phone! 2. Don’t waste money on appointment setters. After a year or so of experience, start ordering 30+ leads a week and then you can think about getting a setter. If you take my advice on this subject, you will have a better chance of making it in this industry! Don’t get me wrong, I know there are exceptions to the rule! Efficiency is important for your investment but there is No appointment setter that will treat your leads the same way that you do. Hope this is helpful and would love to see experienced agents share their experience on the topic!:GEEK:

I agree. So many brand new agents want to start with an appointment setter. I don't get that. They have lots of time and little money and they want to waste it on an appointment setter which is a huge mistake.

I agree. So many brand new agents want to start with an appointment setter. I don't get that. They have lots of time and little money and they want to waste it on an appointment setter which is a huge mistake.

Yeah I was in the business for 2 years before I got a setter. But I know how to set appts and could always go back if I wanted to. Plus, I can help my setter if need be. And it's true, if you're getting 20 or less leads a week, who needs a setter??? You're only going to set 2 days worth of appts off that many leads. Maybe 3, if you only run 4-5 appts a day.

You would need 30-40 leads and working 3+ full field days for a setter to make sense.

There is always the person that's working another job as well that might benefit from a setter.

Leads and getting the most out of your start up cost/investment!:idea:

Direct Mail or DM Lead Cards
The biggest value of DM leads is that you can tweak out the target market by age, income, race, and since there is a lot more data available for DM than for Telemarket leads, it’s easier to get yourself a regular amount of leads in a given area.

Telemarketed or TM Leads
Usually cost less than DM but are limited in a given area! When you start to tweak out the age and income filters there are even less to call.

Internet Leads
Unfortunately, as of today, I only know of 1 guy that doesn’t resell his internet leads. The issue is that they are even harder to get in a given area than the TM leads. They are also the most expensive lead, but possibly the easiest to close!

A lot of IMO’s will recommend new agents to work TM leads while they are waiting for their DM’s to come in. I don’t agree with this. My feeling is that new agent’s should start door knocking their Direct Mail leads until they can afford to start calling to make their own appointments. DM’s are easier to Door Knock and are the standard! If you’re strong on the phone from day 1, then that is different. Unfortunately, most agents don’t jump into FE with lots of cash flow and phone experience, therefore Door Knocking is the way to go. At least it was for my wife and me during the better part of our first year!

1. Learn how to door knock. Once you have consistent cash flow, start setting appointments by phone!

2. Don’t waste money on appointment setters. After a year or so of experience, start ordering 30+ leads a week and then you can think about getting a setter.

If you take my advice on this subject, you will have a better chance of making it in this industry! Don’t get me wrong, I know there are exceptions to the rule! Efficiency is important for your investment but there is No appointment setter that will treat your leads the same way that you do.

Hope this is helpful and would love to see experienced agents share their experience on the topic!:GEEK:

So are you recommending that we (new FE agent) should door knock the list that was sent DM while we wait for the actual DM lead cards trickle in? Thanks.

So are you recommending that we (new FE agent) should door knock the list that was sent DM while we wait for the actual DM lead cards trickle in? Thanks.

Actually, door knocking with any list of names is a great way to pop your cherry in the FE business.

I was suggesting to door knock with the lead in hand as soon as they start coming in.

The question seems to stem from this portion of the OP:

A lot of IMO’s will recommend new agents to work TM leads while they are waiting for their DM’s to come in. I don’t agree with this. My feeling is that new agent’s should start door knocking their Direct Mail leads until they can afford to start calling to make their own appointments.

What's your suggestion for a new agent until the DM's arrive? I would think TM would be a good bridge. Unless, you're suggesting, as Todd is asking, to cold DK working off a data list?

Actually, door knocking with any list of names is a great way to pop your cherry in the FE business. I was suggesting to door knock with the lead in hand as soon as they start coming in.

Thanks. I've never worked any lead source just door knocked and never with a list. I want to begin implementing some type of lead source and with the plethora of information (and/or misinformation) out there I've developed a terrible case of paralysis by analysis. The main problem with the method I employ now is that I have no idea what age (or gender) the individual answering the door will be. For example just this last week I sold a 42 yr old female, 45 yr male, 31 female, 31 female, and a 7 yr old boy. I made a decent amount of money but I had to write twice the amount of apps to do so. This is my typical week.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

I think Doug was talking about apt setting. Highly doubt he sees a problem with ordering Tele leads while you're waiting 4 weeks to get your DM back. Can't door knock the lead card until you get it back ;)

I think Doug was talking about apt setting. Highly doubt he sees a problem with ordering Tele leads while you're waiting 4 weeks to get your DM back. Can't door knock the lead card until you get it back ;)
I just shot you a pm. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using InsForums

Back