Final Expense Training Part 4 of 12

Agentguy5

Guru
1000 Post Club
Vero Beach
Presentation Part 1 Finding The Need

The presentation that I use is designed to create interest for the life insurance, trust for the relationship between the agent and client, and to eliminate objections so they don't even come up. When done correctly, the ideal outcome is for the client to simply pick an option and hand over a voided check.

In the first part of the presentation, my objective is to either create interest or to find the need for the insurance. When done correctly, this is not difficult!

Disclaimer: Everything I learned, I learned on The Insurance Forums!:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done. I'm sure there will be comment on the lack of "warm up". Obviously you have a couple words to say before you jump right in. When I started, I spent a ton of time on warm up. I wanted to build rapport before I moved. But I found my appointments took waay to long and often they were burnt out by the time I left. As soon as I started sensing "burn out" I would speed up. All bad news.

One thing I've found in a short time, patience is limited. Their focus and engagement is like a sliding curve. I don't want to be 1/4 through presentation while the client is already moving along the downward slide.

A few kind words about all the pictures on the wall of the family is often enough to get going. "Wow...there's a whole lot of love going on here!" What I appreciate the most from the video is the pacing and tonality. You've probably done your presentation WELL over a thousand times. however, the way you say it sounds natural.

A nice slow pace, with inflection, pauses, incorporating body / hand motion. I'm one of the lucky few who got to see it in person. It's like sitting with the client in a boat on water. Doesn't take long before the client is "rocking" along with you. Nodding yes, talking the same pace, using their hands, etc. Your style is very inviting.

Last edited:
Presentation Part 1 Finding The Need

The presentation that I use is designed to create interest for the life insurance, trust for the relationship between the agent and client, and to eliminate objections so they don't even come up. When done correctly, the ideal outcome is for the client to simply pick an option and hand over a voided check.

In the first part of the presentation, my objection is to either create interest or to find the need for the insurance. When done correctly, this is not difficult!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s89GrnuUpOo&feature=youtu.be

Disclaimer: Everything I learned, I learned on The Insurance Forums!:biggrin:

That's pretty good, Doug. Does look vaguely familiar though.:laugh:

----------

Well done. I'm sure there will be comment on the lack of "warm up". Obviously you have a couple words to say before you jump right in. When I started, I spent a ton of time on warm up. I wanted to build rapport before I moved. But I found my appointments took waay to long and often they were burnt out by the time I left. As soon as I started sensing "burn out" I would speed up. All bad news.

One thing I've found in a short time, patience is limited. Their focus and engagement is like a sliding curve. I don't want to be 1/4 through presentation while the client is already moving along the downward slide.

A few kind words about all the pictures on the wall of the family is often enough to get going. "Wow...there's a whole lot of love going on here!" What I appreciate the most from the video is the pacing and tonality. You've probably done your presentation WELL over a thousand times. however, the way you say it sounds natural.

A nice slow pace, with inflection, pauses, incorporating body / hand motion. I'm one of the lucky few who got to see it in person. It's like sitting with the client in a boat on water. Doesn't take long before the client is "rocking" along with you. Nodding yes, talking the same pace, using their hands, etc. Your style is very inviting.

I used to do much more warm up than I do now. But the warm up is now built into the presentation for me.

And you are right about the presentation becoming natural. I've done done mine probably over 4000 times now.

Even though it's scripted I can do it in my sleep now.

----------

I'm sure your wife can attest to that.:laugh:

I typed a witty response to that and then thought better of it. You did leave yourself open for it though.:yes:

That's pretty good, Doug. Does look vaguely familiar though.:laugh:

----------

I used to do much more warm up than I do now. But the warm up is now built into the presentation for me.

And you are right about the presentation becoming natural. I've done done mine probably over 4000 times now.

Even though it's scripted I can do it in my sleep now.

----------

I typed a witty response to that and then thought better of it. You did leave yourself open for it though.:yes:

Guess I wasn't quick enough taking it down. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I don't believe in making inappropriate comments about someone's spouse. As I told Gooner, my meaning was that you probably woke your wife up while doing your presentation in your sleep.

Guess I wasn't quick enough taking it down. I hope you didn't take it the wrong way. I don't believe in making inappropriate comments about someone's spouse. As I told Gooner, my meaning was that you probably woke your wife up while doing your presentation in your sleep.

I didn't. I made a joke in reply but then I remembered the sensitive types and deleted it.

Back