Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12     
Old 04-30-2015, 10:46 AM   #1
Guru
Agentguy5 on Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12

State: Agentguy5 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Agentguy5 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12 Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12
When and how to ask the personal medical/health questions!

Ok, now that we have found the need for the insurance, created some interest, and built some rapport with the prospect, itís time to get personal. I break out my medical questionnaire, and explain that my objective is to make sure that I show them some of the best rates that they will ever see. I also let them know that I will earn their business and that by the time I am finished today, it is going to be very difficult, if not impossible, for another agent to give them a better deal. This is also when I explain to them the difference between Term and Whole life!

I use the medical questions page, attached, as an outline to find out the clients medical history, ailments, medication, and to have their primary physician on file.

The trick is to be as non-invasive as possible and yet, itís important to have them get their medication and to verify that there are no other medical conditions/incidents/scares/hospital or ER visits. A smooth transition from each part of the presentation into the next will make it that much easier to get the pertinent information from the client, thus making it easier to do our job when it comes time to close em up.

Donít be afraid to pull out medication guides in front of the client. This lets them know that youíre doing your due diligence to keep your promise of earning their business.

Whatever you do, make sure to price the client with a company that will accept the form of payment that they will be using. There is nothing worse than showing someone rates from a carrier like Americo because they have seizures, only to realize later that they ONLY use Direct Express as payment.
Attached Files
File Type: docx FE Med Hstry Qstns.docx (12.6 KB, 155 views)

------------------------------------
Click here for our Final Expense Sales system

Douglas Massi
888-501-1375
  Reply With Quote to Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12
Old 05-03-2015, 11:44 AM   #2
Guru
WinoBlues on Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12

State: WinoBlues is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
WinoBlues is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12 Re: Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12
Originally Posted by Agentguy5 View Post
When and how to ask the personal medical/health questions!

Ok, now that we have found the need for the insurance, created some interest, and built some rapport with the prospect, itís time to get personal. I break out my medical questionnaire, and explain that my objective is to make sure that I show them some of the best rates that they will ever see. I also let them know that I will earn their business and that by the time I am finished today, it is going to be very difficult, if not impossible, for another agent to give them a better deal. This is also when I explain to them the difference between Term and Whole life!

I use the medical questions page, attached, as an outline to find out the clients medical history, ailments, medication, and to have their primary physician on file.

The trick is to be as non-invasive as possible and yet, itís important to have them get their medication and to verify that there are no other medical conditions/incidents/scares/hospital or ER visits. A smooth transition from each part of the presentation into the next will make it that much easier to get the pertinent information from the client, thus making it easier to do our job when it comes time to close em up.

Donít be afraid to pull out medication guides in front of the client. This lets them know that youíre doing your due diligence to keep your promise of earning their business.

Whatever you do, make sure to price the client with a company that will accept the form of payment that they will be using. There is nothing worse than showing someone rates from a carrier like Americo because they have seizures, only to realize later that they ONLY use Direct Express as payment.
Thank you for your quote sheet. I can see somethings I am going to add to mine.

Lee
Old 05-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Super Genius
The Admiral on Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12

State: The Admiral is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Great training for new agents and old dogs who sometimes need to go back to the basics instead of trying to take short cuts. Looking forward to Part 7.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:13 PM   #4
Guru

State: John Galt is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Originally Posted by WinoBlues View Post
Thank you for your quote sheet. I can see somethings I am going to add to mine.

Lee
I added Driver License area to mine as well, some apps request it, its a cya for scrubbing apps later.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:34 PM   #5
Guru

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
I added Driver License area to mine as well, some apps request it, its a cya for scrubbing apps later.
yeah, i have driving Hx as well as Bene and family history. The Family Hx is for fully underwritten but also it helps me uncover possible family cross sells and referrals.

Show me yours and I will show you mine ah, you know what I mean.

[email protected]

Lee

America's Sons and Daughters http://iraqwarheroes.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt8y18YFH70

WinoBlues @ Gmail.com
Old 05-03-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
Guru

State: peteybear is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12
What Fe carrier asks for drivers license #?
Old 05-03-2015, 08:04 PM   #7
Guru
smokin goose on Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12

State: smokin goose is an Insurance Agent from Kentucky
smokin goose is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12
Originally Posted by peteybear View Post
What Fe carrier asks for drivers license #?
RNA did before the change.

----------

I think Oxford does too.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:19 PM   #8
Guru
Agentguy5 on Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12

State: Agentguy5 is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Agentguy5 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12 Re: Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12 Agentguy5 is the thread starter for: Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12

I actually came into the FE industry assuming that asking for the DL was mandatory since it was for the Products I sold during the Mortgage Protection days.

Whenever I close the client I say, "go ahead and grab your Drivers License or State ID card". My wife and I always use the exact name and spelling from the DL for the Application so there is no confusion. Guess I thought everyone did that!
Old 05-03-2015, 09:10 PM   #9
Guru

Originally Posted by Agentguy5 View Post
I actually came into the FE industry assuming that asking for the DL was mandatory since it was for the Products I sold during the Mortgage Protection days.

Whenever I close the client I say, "go ahead and grab your Drivers License or State ID card". My wife and I always use the exact name and spelling from the DL for the Application so there is no confusion. Guess I thought everyone did that!
I routinely snap a pic of it along with SS card if they pulled it out and now the direct express card. I lay them on the app. Probably over kill but CA in case anyone say I did not meet them or if the owner says mama was not there. I get the owners as well. In one case it help when the company questioned the mark/signature. It matched the CA ID.
Reply to Final Expense Training Part 6 of 12 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Tags
training