Fixed Cost Direct Mail Lead Filters

PaulieD

Super Genius
FE Agents,

Has anyone found a difference in their production by using some of the income/age filters that are available for DM leads at extra cost?

My standard DM lead is for Age 50 - 83 and Income 0 - 40K.

Has someone actually tried them and has experience with them, are the other filters worth the extra money?

I can do the following:

60-83 yrs old

Income
15-50k
15-60k

Please just experienced people with lead flters.
Thanks

FE Agents,

Has anyone found a difference in their production by using some of the income/age filters that are available for DM leads at extra cost?

Has someone actually tried them and has experience with them, are the other filters worth the extra money?

Interesting enough, for the past few years I have only targeted 50-80 and 0-40k. A few months ago I added a filter targeting 55-79 years old but haven't noticed a difference... We'll see!

FE Agents,

Pretty much all of our agents do ages 55-79. Older or younger than that gets tougher. That still leaves a lot of population to mail to.

Income filters don't seem too accurate. Not worth paying much extra for.

FE Agents,

Personal preference. I'm not believer in filters except the top income filter which I place at $40K.

But other agents are huge believers in filters.

This one of those lessons that has to learned.

Income filters work great in highly populated areas with a lot of projects. I ran an area 3 yrs ago with no income filters and had a ton of dirt poor projects. Ran the same area with filters and they definitely work and keep you out of the projects. Downside of higher income is many actually work so tough to see them during the day. in the rural areas i wouldn't run income filters as you'll be driving your tail off.

Think your missing decent business at 79-85, but your call.

Some sales there but less healthy, less able to afford the higher premiums, more likely to have coverage from younger years and you can't beat it due to bad health PLUS commission levels drop with many carriers after 80.

So if you are in a low population area it might be smart to mail it. But if you have plenty of younger ones to mail to I would do that.

Latest posts

Back