Fixed Price Direct Mail VS Pay Per 1000

diesel14

Expert
I'm on a direct mail lead program and my leads on my first order came in pretty steady and only fell 4 short of my order so they refunded the remaining balance and now on my second order the leads seem to be trickling in. I know my vendor only mailed around 2500 trying to get my 40 leads and I'm just wondering if I should just take full control and pay per 1000 so I can actually have a better chance at getting my full lead order? What your opinion on fixed price vs per 1000?

I'm on a direct mail lead program and my leads on my first order came in pretty steady and only fell 4 short of my order so they refunded the remaining balance and now on my second order the leads seem to be trickling in. I know my vendor only mailed around 2500 trying to get my 40 leads and I'm just wondering if I should just take full control and pay per 1000 so I can actually have a better chance at getting my full lead order? What your opinion on fixed price vs per 1000?

If you can get a good return on your own, then mail your own. If you live in a state like Florida, Georgia, Texas, or California, then you should definitely be thinking about a fixed cost lead card!

I prefer a card that mentions "Final Expense Life Insurance" on the front and that does NOT say the word FREE in bold print!

It's pretty much always better to pay per 1000 than per lead. Why? Because the lead vendor is paying per 1000 and will only sell you the leads at a fixed cost if it's profitable for them. If it's profitable for them then that profit is coming from you.

The profit you are paying them could be better used to buy more mail.

The exception being a lead house that will eat the losses from bad areas because they are making money in other areas. Hard to find a lead vendor that will do that. Some IMO's will do that but then you are usually talking about subsidized leads.

It's pretty much always better to pay per 1000 than per lead. Why? Because the lead vendor is paying per 1000 and will only sell you the leads at a fixed cost if it's profitable for them. If it's profitable for them then that profit is coming from you.

The profit you are paying them could be better used to buy more mail.

The exception being a lead house that will eat the losses from bad areas because they are making money in other areas. Hard to find a lead vendor that will do that. Some IMO's will do that but then you are usually talking about subsidized leads.

That's what we do with the United Heritage $25 fixed price lead program.

The lead house contracts with major IMOs and looks at profitability on an aggregate, not an individual, basis.

That means lower response areas like Georgia, Florida, and the Southeast in General -- are subsidized by better responding areas, such as the Northeast.

I say -- enjoy it while you can!

That's what we do with the United Heritage $25 fixed price lead program. The lead house contracts with major IMOs and looks at profitability on an aggregate, not an individual, basis. That means lower response areas like Georgia, Florida, and the Southeast in General -- are subsidized by better responding areas, such as the Northeast. I say -- enjoy it while you can!

Yes but that makes JD's point even more true as long as you don't live in CA, GA, FL or parts of Texas. They are not only making more profit off agents who order set price rather than price per 1,000 in the other states, they are making enough extra on them to allow for absorbing losses on the agents in the bad return states.

Yes but that makes JD's point even more true as long as you don't live in CA, GA, FL or parts of Texas. They are not only making more profit off agents who order set price rather than price per 1,000 in the other states, they are making enough extra on them to allow for absorbing losses on the agents in the bad return states.

But for those of us in GA, FL, CA and TX...we salute you. Thx for ordering!?

The lead house is mailing as few pieces as possible to get ones lead order and many times they don't mail enough thus setting up choppy mail returns so if one wants 20 leads a week they better order 40 for a while till they figure returns especially in bad states like ga,fla and Texas.

Back