Flaw in Trans-america Commission System

Very well rounded carrier, and if you write business and don't track if and when you got paid I'm sure a carrier has screwed you at one time.

And I ask that question 3 ways: "Any lung conditions?" "Any copd, asthma or emphysema?" "They ever prescribe you any inhalers?"

On our medical questionnaire, we added ""have you ever been prescribed one of those little inhaler thingys?"

and when I say it, I make the motion as if I am spraying one of them in my mouth!

giphy.gif

who seriously still writes with TA????? - they are bipolar in their underwriting and now I find out theyre commission dept is run the same way,,,, great!

I used to curse them every time I wrote an app my first year in FE because I made so many errors on the app. At the end of that year I totalled my commissions with them...lol. I couldn't believe it but they were my number 2 carrier for that year. I got to know them a lot more, and discovered that they take so many cases preferred that many others only offer graded or worse. No pos interview, they take DE, no built chart...lol. I don't think they're bipolar at all...but I know they accept Bipolar applicants. :laugh:

I used to curse them every time I wrote an app my first year in FE because I made so many errors on the app. At the end of that year I totalled my commissions with them...lol. I couldn't believe it but they were my number 2 carrier for that year. I got to know them a lot more, and discovered that they take so many cases preferred that many others only offer graded or worse. No pos interview, they take DE, no built chart...lol. I don't think they're bipolar at all...but I know they accept Bipolar applicants. :laugh:

I really like Trans. You just can't screw up the app.

I really like Trans. You just can't screw up the app.

I had a client that was on DE get a bank account. She filled out the SS billing form on her own & sent it in. She had TONS of scribble marks & errors on it.

I almost had a heart attack when I called them & they said they accepted it.

Now I think the reason why they're so picky on the app is because .... (& this is all conspiracy theory)... agents that are more careful are also the type to not underwrite correctly. Which increases their risk.

I just got screwed! I wrote two (policies Immediate solution) got them issued, delivered them and today (I wrote them 8/1) I got a commission that didn't seem right....I looked on agentnetinfo and I saw one of the policies that they paid me on and it stated it was 35%, and the other one is not even listed.....So I called commissions and they told me that the commission was reduced because the lady has had two other policies in the past that lapsed! I asked her again to make sure, and she told me yes and then I asked her who makes that decision and she told me new business does and that they can make it any % the want to, and that I ought to be glad because she has seen them come back as low as 5%, and the other one they are still making a decision on.....My question is, is this legal?

I just got screwed! I wrote two (policies Immediate solution) got them issued, delivered them and today (I wrote them 8/1) I got a commission that didn't seem right....I looked on agentnetinfo and I saw one of the policies that they paid me on and it stated it was 35%, and the other one is not even listed.....So I called commissions and they told me that the commission was reduced because the lady has had two other policies in the past that lapsed! I asked her again to make sure, and she told me yes and then I asked her who makes that decision and she told me new business does and that they can make it any % the want to, and that I ought to be glad because she has seen them come back as low as 5%, and the other one they are still making a decision on.....My question is, is this legal?

Is it legal? They can make up whatever rules they want. Oxford won't pay anything but renewals if they've EVER had an Oxford policy in the past. Foresters will deduct any advance amount the other agent received from what you get. Americo won't pay you anything.

Is it legal? They can make up whatever rules they want. Oxford won't pay anything but renewals if they've EVER had an Oxford policy in the past. Foresters will deduct any advance amount the other agent received from what you get. Americo won't pay you anything.

I didn't know all those companies got on that bandwagon. Are they all lifetime lookback or a set period of time?

I didn't know all those companies got on that bandwagon. Are they all lifetime lookback or a set period of time?

Other than Oxford they all have a time limit.

Americo is 4 years. I was always told that Trans is also 4 years but now I've heard they have different times with different IMO's.

Foresters used to be 13 months. But I've told that's different now. I'm not contracted with them so I don't keep up with it.

Back