Foresters Possible Fraud

Ok...two questions: Would the meds not shown on the MIB for any reason at the time of the original application?

B) What happens if the application is accepted then the meds change during the next two years? Can the client still have their policy revoked? They acted in good faith to begin with.

That's what happened with one of my rescinded apps. They applied for coverage with another company after they had been diagnosed with copd. The company ran the plan F and rescinded. I was hopping mad.

Note to self (and everyone else): don't call carriers when you're hopping mad.

They absolutely can do it and have done it. It can be corrected if wrong. But they will do it and see what happens.

Perhaps I should have qualified my statement with the word "legally". Companies have been known to take actions that are contrary to the wording in the contract. That is the reason they lose lawsuits.. ;)

Ok...two questions: Would the meds not shown on the MIB for any reason at the time of the original application?

B) What happens if the application is accepted then the meds change during the next two years? Can the client still have their policy revoked? They acted in good faith to begin with.

My understanding is sometimes when an Rx is filled for the first time, it doesn't show up immediately on a prescription check. So, for example, a guy gets Aricept filled last week, but he doesn't remember bc ya know, he has memory issues. So then he fills out an app for an FE policy, and the Rx check doesnt show that he got it filled. Then later down the road, a new Rx check would show a different result.

But that's my understanding, I could be wrong. I think MIB and Rx history are separate things. This plan F stuff is news to me too...

My understanding is sometimes when an Rx is filled for the first time, it doesn't show up immediately on a prescription check.

This is how it works with an MIB check, they will often show up months later!:yes:

Like JD said, beware of Americo as they recently rescinded one of my wife's policies, over $150 monthly premium after almost 2 years. Picture that charge back!

Here is what one of the companies explained to me:

Plan F is an extra add on service that carriers can pay extra for to the MIB. It's not limited to the information in MIB though. As part of the service the MIB will monitor prescriptions filled as well as other data for 2-years after the policy issue.

A new prescription filled any time within that 2-years can trigger an investigation as to when the medical records show when the patient was first made aware of the health condition NOT just when they were first treated for it.

I really wonder about that. Are you REALLY giving a carrier rights to your medical info for years after you apply? I'd have a personal problem if Trans did this on my policy if I got sick within 24 months of buying it.

Baseball you better think twice about Trans. I got a nice $265 monthly premium rescinded in the 15 th month . They accused the insured of lieing about using tobacco . The insured assured me no tobacco in last 10 yrs . They were so bitter toward Trans they wanted nothing to do with them. $4 k chargeback . Somebody on here says Trans does plan F.After that I only write crap direct express with them.

Back