Foresters Possible Fraud

Baseball you better think twice about Trans. I got a nice $265 monthly premium rescinded in the 15 th month . They accused the insured of lieing about using tobacco . The insured assured me no tobacco in last 10 yrs . They were so bitter toward Trans they wanted nothing to do with them. $4 k chargeback . Somebody on here says Trans does plan F.After that I only write crap direct express with them.

When Trans did that did they notify you of a problem before hand to possibly head it off before they did a recission?

He** no. The client called me . Trans never notified me period . A month later the commission chargeback showed up.As I said they get my direct express business and nothing else.

I really wonder about that. Are you REALLY giving a carrier rights to your medical info for years after you apply? I'd have a personal problem if Trans did this on my policy if I got sick within 24 months of buying it.

Better read those disclosures

Better read those disclosures

I think the disclosures allow the hippa authorization to be active for 2yrs unless the client send a letter terminating.

I wonder what they would do if you started sending in letters after the policy was issued for each one of your clients to withdraw their authorization

I think the disclosures allow the hippa authorization to be active for 2yrs unless the client send a letter terminating.

I wonder what they would do if you started sending in letters after the policy was issued for each one of your clients to withdraw their authorization

There is a thought...I got in the habit of sending in a letter from the customer preemptively ceasing conservation efferts and asking to be placed on the carriers do not call list with my annuity transfer forms.

Bet if you did that they've have a legit right to recind. Cause that 2-year HIPPA window is what allows them to contest a death claim.

Actually asked Trans to order an APS for a PI with "resolved Hep C" I couldn't send her to LBL because of a recent hospital stay.

TA asked for the PI to send in lab results indicating the Hep C was resolved. The PI didn't seem to be reliable to go get them, and the office wouldn't provide then to me...

The TA underwriter said asking for an APS usually open a pandoras box for the company and client.

You better FULLY read that disclosure.

An insurance company's right to contest a policy within 2 years is unassailable. Unless waived by the company, which I doubt they would ever do, nothing is going to stop it. Most explicitly state, even if you withdraw authorization for health information it does not affect their right to contest a policy.

I assume an insurance company will do one of two things if they choose to investigate and do not receive the information. Either refund premiums and tell the beneficiary that is that until they receive the requested information or hold premiums until such time the claim is determined. My guess is they will refund premiums, but it is just a guess.

Back