Founders Month SNL, Who is John S?

Your presumption is wrong.

Just because I blame pre-Millennials doesn't exonerate Millennials from their wide-scale belief in the continuation of said anti-Republican, anti-Constitutional policies.

The point is those prior to our generation had decades to solve the fiscal/social crises we see today and failed to do so.

They get more blame than Millennials. At least for now.

Don't go dragging us baby-boomers into it. We had it tough.

1. No remote controls for our three TV channels. No pausing. No recording shows. You had to schedule that **** into your life.

2. Our Schwinn Sting Ray bicycles weighed 50 bagillion pounds. And if you were up off the seat going for it your Red Ball Jets were going to slide right off those rubber pedals and I don't even want to remember what that did to the family jewels. You had to be tough back then.

3. Our houses only had one room with air conditioning. A window unit and mom wasn't allowed to turn it on until 30-minutes before Dad got home from work. Kids had to be outside all day or they would sweat to death right through the green shag carpet.

4. No micro-waves. We survived on cold baloney sandwiches.

5. For swimming pools we had to wait until it rained and build mud and rock dams around the storm sewers to flood the whole street.

You young pups came along after life got easy. That's why you are all so spoiled.

Don't go dragging us baby-boomers into it. We had it tough.

1. No remote controls for our three TV channels. No pausing. No recording shows. You had to schedule that **** into your life.

2. Our Schwinn Sting Ray bicycles weighed 50 bagillion pounds. And if you were up off the seat going for it your Red Ball Jets were going to slide right off those rubber pedals and I don't even want to remember what that did to the family jewels. You had to be tough back then.

3. Our houses only had one room with air conditioning. A window unit and mom wasn't allowed to turn it on until 30-minutes before Dad got home from work. Kids had to be outside all day or they would sweat to death right through the green shag carpet.

4. No micro-waves. We survived on cold baloney sandwiches.

5. For swimming pools we had to wait until it rained and build mud and rock dams around the storm sewers to flood the whole street.

You young pups came along after life got easy. That's why you are all so spoiled.

All of that sounds so familiar. We had an intersection that would flood for a couple of hours after a heavy rain and kids would get out the inflatable rafts...one kid had a rowboat.

When we weren't out playing sports we'd nail two boards together to make a sword, grab a metal garbage can lid and beat the crap out of each other having sword fights. We also made our own wooden stilts. No video games back then.

We only had one T.V. and when my dad was home, he chose what was on. Then he'd fall asleep. When we'd turn the channel, he'd wake up and make us turn it back. We finally learned to turn the volume down before we changed the channel. Didn't care too much for Porter Wagner...Dolly made it bearable.

I still like those bologna sammiches.:yes:

All of that sounds so familiar. We had an intersection that would flood for a couple of hours after a heavy rain and kids would get out the inflatable rafts...one kid had a rowboat.

When we weren't out playing sports we'd nail two boards together to make a sword, grab a metal garbage can lid and beat the crap out of each other having sword fights. We also made our own wooden stilts. No video games back then.

We only had one T.V. and when my dad was home, he chose what was on. Then he'd fall asleep. When we'd turn the channel, he'd wake up and make us turn it back. We finally learned to turn the volume down before we changed the channel. Didn't care too much for Porter Wagner...Dolly made it bearable.

I still like those bologna sammiches.:yes:

Yes! I forgot about those stilts. We made those too. Walked all around the neighborhood on them.

We used those trash can lids for shields too but had milk pod fights we were throwing at each other. When we ran out of milk pods we used sticks. One of the kids in my neighborhood really did get their eye poked out during one of those. Had to get a glass eye.

It was a different world back then. I don't remember any participation trophies or safe zones.

onhiz.jpg

----------

Old_Economy_Steve-thumb-570x583-122760.png

----------

PYfD2k7.jpg

----------

personal favorite

axia2xt.jpg

Yes! I forgot about those stilts. We made those too. Walked all around the neighborhood on them.

We used those trash can lids for shields too but had milk pod fights we were throwing at each other. When we ran out of milk pods we used sticks. One of the kids in my neighborhood really did get their eye poked out during one of those. Had to get a glass eye.

It was a different world back then. I don't remember any participation trophies or safe zones.

No text msging or picture msging:yes:

No text msging or picture msging:yes:

Haha, in those days we had party lines and switchboard operators. I remember that my grandparents still had a crank phone on the wall.

I do remember seeing some far-fetched story when I was a kid about how in the future there would be telephones that you could see the person you were talking to. Crazy!:laugh:

Haha, in those days we had party lines and switchboard operators. I remember that my grandparents still had a crank phone on the wall.

I do remember seeing some far-fetched story when I was a kid about how in the future there would be telephones that you could see the person you were talking to. Crazy!:laugh:

No answering machines
Mobile phones looked a lot like a dime
Mobile calling plan looked like a roll of dimes
Paper maps
GPS =Thomas Guides

No answering machines
Mobile phones looked a lot like a dime
Mobile calling plan looked like a roll of dimes
Paper maps
GPS =Thomas Guides

Yep, don't see many pay phones anymore. I used to hate looking for them, then when you found one, 1/2 the time some asshole had smashed the damned phone or they were out of order.

Back