Founders Month SNL, Who is John S?

Your presumption is wrong.

Just because I blame pre-Millennials doesn't exonerate Millennials from their wide-scale belief in the continuation of said anti-Republican, anti-Constitutional policies.

The point is those prior to our generation had decades to solve the fiscal/social crises we see today and failed to do so.

They get more blame than Millennials. At least for now.

Thats because at least the prior generations didnt expect tons of free sh*t. You know, free school, healthcare, food, entertainment...a "right" to a job lol, the list goes on and on, but I do agree generations before are more to blame for leaving the frog in the boiling pot to die than the current.

Thats because at least the prior generations didnt expect tons of free sh*t. You know, free school, healthcare, food, entertainment...a "right" to a job lol, the list goes on and on, but I do agree generations before are more to blame for leaving the frog in the boiling pot to die than the current.

That can be said of all previous generations to some degree. Can also be said all the great stuff is because of the previous generations. And the newer generations have not screwed up anything because they have not done anything. Except of course bitch about how bad the previous generation left them. Kinda like a welfare recipient bitches about the free stuff someone else paid for.

Different perspectives I guess.

Prior generations had outlying groups that definitely did want free things but anyways I think that social media distorts reality. Social media has done so much more than just allow you to post your vacation pictures, it is a catalyst for social revolt.

School is important but while i don't think it should be free I think the current system is a sham. I could go on and on about it having been funneled through the set up myself. You have kids (yes 17-18 is a kid) being told to get into debt to get a job that now probably requires a masters now just to get looked at. You need internships that actually require PRIOR experience lol then you don't even get paid. It is all one big bubble that will burst eventually. Average tuition is up 179 percent since 95. Out of state tuition is up 226 percent. Most millennials are hard working kids with no real world experience trying to get by with 50k in debt confused as why their non degree holding parents told them to go school. Those "good" jobs you all had back in the day....the ones you could raise an entire family on, are few and far between. Factor in the debt, the lack of jobs, cost of rent, and then the sting that you feel like you have been shuffled through a system for nothing...I sometimes get the anger. And the crazy thing is, you used to be safe with STEM majors (science, tech,engineering, mathematics). You could get an entry job pretty easily. Now those entry wages are down and it is getting harder to get those jobs.

Free food? who is asking for that? same thing with entertainment...I don't know where you are pulling this information from.

I'll take the free food now that you mention it.

"If you drop a frog into boiling water, he will sense the pain and immediately jump out. However, if you put a frog in room-temperature water, he will swim around happily, and as you gradually turn the water up to boiling, the frog will not sense the change. The frog is lured to his death by gradual change."

~Zig

"If you drop a frog into boiling water, he will sense the pain and immediately jump out. However, if you put a frog in room-temperature water, he will swim around happily, and as you gradually turn the water up to boiling, the frog will not sense the change. The frog is lured to his death by gradual change."

~Zig

At least you understand.

Prior generations had outlying groups that definitely did want free things but anyways I think that social media distorts reality. Social media has done so much more than just allow you to post your vacation pictures, it is a catalyst for social revolt.

School is important but while i don't think it should be free I think the current system is a sham. I could go on and on about it having been funneled through the set up myself. You have kids (yes 17-18 is a kid) being told to get into debt to get a job that now probably requires a masters now just to get looked at. You need internships that actually require PRIOR experience lol then you don't even get paid. It is all one big bubble that will burst eventually. Average tuition is up 179 percent since 95. Out of state tuition is up 226 percent. Most millennials are hard working kids with no real world experience trying to get by with 50k in debt confused as why their non degree holding parents told them to go school. Those "good" jobs you all had back in the day....the ones you could raise an entire family on, are few and far between. Factor in the debt, the lack of jobs, cost of rent, and then the sting that you feel like you have been shuffled through a system for nothing...I sometimes get the anger. And the crazy thing is, you used to be safe with STEM majors (science, tech,engineering, mathematics). You could get an entry job pretty easily. Now those entry wages are down and it is getting harder to get those jobs.

Free food? who is asking for that? same thing with entertainment...I don't know where you are pulling this information from.

Personally I believe the country is in good hands going forward. Many of the mil

I'll take the free food now that you mention it.

Having been funneled into education, debt for _your_ education, having to complete for a job? Failing to see how that is anyone else's fault or problem. How are you going to fix the problem(s)

Maybe start on the Internet using your computer or mobile device. Resources from the previous generation. ☺️

As a lot of that generation is reaching their mid thirties they seem pretty solid. Some are even moving out of their parents home.

Having been funneled into education, debt for _your_ education, having to complete for a job? Failing to see how that is anyone else's fault or problem. How are you going to fix the problem(s)

Maybe start on the Internet using your computer or mobile device. Resources from the previous generation. ☺️

As a lot of that generation is reaching their mid thirties they seem pretty solid. Some are even moving out of their parents home. ��

I think you are missing the overall problem. At a microscopic view (the person who goes into debt for school) is at fault 100 percent. At a macro level you have a flawed system.

How am I going to fix the problem? At a micro level I will try to steer any of my younger family members to do STEM and network. Anyone after my generation will pretty much not get in the door at good jobs without a degree.

At a larger scale, I would teach kids in high school money management. Every year they would have a class on loans, debt, bills, credit scores, and preparing for college but also indicate college isn't for everyone. Trade schools are great for some people. A person doesn't make a choice in one second. They might think they do but their life up to that point creates that choice. That poor decision that makes it their fault as you would like to think.

I would cut many of the unnecessary college administrator positions that have almost risen 260 percent since the 70's which has driven prices up. Dorms are another huge cost. Extravagant dining halls could be cut. I am just thinking off the top of my head, I have no doubt I could come up with a plan but why would anyone do that when there is so much money involved.

Most would move out of their parents house if they had the money to. Rent is up in most metro areas and you can't get as many jobs in the smaller towns where rent is still low. You will see more and more of these "moochers and failures" in the next 20 years that is a promise.

and I don't get what the bolded has to do with anything?

Last edited:
I think you are missing the overall problem. At a microscopic view (the person who goes into debt for school) is at fault 100 percent. At a macro level you have a flawed system.

How am I going to fix the problem? At a micro level I will try to steer any of my younger family members to do STEM and network. Anyone after my generation will pretty much not get in the door at good jobs without a degree.

At a larger scale, I would teach kids in high school money management. Every year they would have a class on loans, debt, bills, credit scores, and preparing for college but also indicate college isn't for everyone. Trade schools are great for some people. A person doesn't make a choice in one second. They might think they do but their life up to that point creates that choice. That poor decision that makes it their fault as you would like to think.

I would cut many of the unnecessary college administrator positions that have almost risen 260 percent since the 70's which has driven prices up. Dorms are another huge cost. Extravagant dining halls could be cut. I am just thinking off the top of my head, I have no doubt I could come up with a plan but why would anyone do that when there is so much money involved.

Most would move out of their parents house if they had the money to. Rent is up in most metro areas and you can't get as many jobs in the smaller towns where rent is still low. You will see more and more of these "moochers and failures" in the next 20 years that is a promise.

and I don't get what the bolded has to do with anything?

You seem to be implying that by age 18 a person's path is set by the system he was born into. There are many people who raise above very disadvantaged beginnings. OK, they may have a legitimate argument. You seem to be arguing that college educated milinials have some right to feel disadvantaged. Maybe that they deserve a trophy for showing up? That rings a bit whiney.

Thousands of WWII veterans came home from the horrors of War with maybe a high-school education they built on the Nation. Thousands of Vietnam veterans came home, to a hostile nation, from the horrors of War with maybe a high-school education they built on the Nation. Your turn.

The bolded - you are starting with more tools than the generation before you. Tools given you by the generation before you. Pass it on.

----------

You seem to be implying that by age 18 a person's path is set by the system he was born into. There are many people who raise above very disadvantaged beginnings. OK, they may have a legitimate argument. You seem to be arguing that college educated milinials have some right to feel disadvantaged. Maybe that they deserve a trophy for showing up? That rings a bit whiney.

Thousands of WWII veterans came home from the horrors of War with maybe a high-school education they built on the Nation. Thousands of Vietnam veterans came home, to a hostile nation, from the horrors of War with maybe a high-school education they built on the Nation. Your turn.

The bolded - you are starting with more tools than the generation before you. Tools given you by the generation before you. Pass it on.

Again, I am very sure we as a Nation will continue to flourish. While the kids today seem to take longer to grow wings they seem much brighter. My kids are Y and Millennials.

These kids want to work. They've struggled to find a decent job, especially out in the rural areas. They were the ones packing the Trump rallies and right or wrong, they bought what he was selling (a better economic future) and are the most directly responsible for putting him in office.:yes:

Last edited:
Back