Founders Month SNL, Who is John S?

That is my greatest fear. And quite frankly, the biggest threat to our security. Either the wealthy will have to buy everyone off with a living wage or hope they can suppress the masses. Short sighted decisions for immediate gain will eventually backfire. If McDonald's has robots making burgers, how much longer will anyone be able to afford a burger? The Henry Ford started it all. He paid his workers enough they could afford to buy his product and then everyone else was forced to raise wages to compete. Right now, no one is willing to break ranks and pay more.

Go ahead and brush off your dystopian futures from the 60s and 70s. That may be the future, or we may just destroy the earth during the revolts. Or we may figure it all out and be ok.

I hope for the last and plan for the last, but to say it doesn't worry me it crazy. Quite frankly, it should worry everyone.

this is a great video to watch

edit how do you embed youtube videos on here lol

nvm

[yt]FPH19a_vqR4[/yt]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPH19a_vqR4

That is my greatest fear. And quite frankly, the biggest threat to our security. Either the wealthy will have to buy everyone off with a living wage or hope they can suppress the masses. Short sighted decisions for immediate gain will eventually backfire. If McDonald's has robots making burgers, how much longer will anyone be able to afford a burger? The Henry Ford started it all. He paid his workers enough they could afford to buy his product and then everyone else was forced to raise wages to compete. Right now, no one is willing to break ranks and pay more.

Go ahead and brush off your dystopian futures from the 60s and 70s. That may be the future, or we may just destroy the earth during the revolts. Or we may figure it all out and be ok.

I hope for the last and plan for the last, but to say it doesn't worry me it crazy. Quite frankly, it should worry everyone.

Its all gonna end in financial collapse and civil war, get your beans, bullets and band aids while you can.

Vol and the dude you guys are 100% right. Everything you said is exactly what millenials as well as the next generation faces.

But I think what Wino is depicting is more so a mentality and a mentality I agree with 100% as well. Is opportunity slim, sure it is. Are jobs less? Yes they are. But a lack of opportunity doesn't stop my belly from being hungry.

I can either starve or die trying to create my own opportunity. I'm not waiting on any politician, don't care what party, to fix my problem. I am fixing my problem.

So if it means I have to work that same factory job with no benefits and less equivalent pay as 20 years ago and work the McDonald's drive thru at nights until I can buy one of those factories or McDonald's then that's
What you do.

I think many of us millenials do lack that mental grit than our counterparts of generations ago.

Vol and the dude you guys are 100% right. Everything you said is exactly what millenials as well as the next generation faces.

But I think what Wino is depicting is more so a mentality and a mentality I agree with 100% as well. Is opportunity slim, sure it is. Are jobs less? Yes they are. But a lack of opportunity doesn't stop my belly from being hungry.

I can either starve or die trying to create my own opportunity. I'm not waiting on any politician, don't care what party, to fix my problem. I am fixing my problem.

So if it means I have to work that same factory job with no benefits and less equivalent pay as 20 years ago and work the McDonald's drive thru at nights until I can buy one of those factories or McDonald's then that's
What you do.

I think many of us millenials do lack that mental grit than our counterparts of generations ago.

I have deep respect for Wino. I have known him for years. And he is right to a degree, mental toughness and grit can change your circumstances.

The problem is, that is great for an individual. It isn't going to fix society and the masses. One, everyone doesn't have the mental toughness to rise above. And two, even if they do, there simply isn't "enough" to go around. We only need so many McDonald's, insurance agents, app creators, whatever.

As I have said and I will say again. Barring a new industry with a huge demand for labor, it is going to scary. Now, I hope I am wrong and I will also do my best for my family. But that isn't going to change society.

I have deep respect for Wino. I have known him for years. And he is right to a degree, mental toughness and grit can change your circumstances.

The problem is, that is great for an individual. It isn't going to fix society and the masses. One, everyone doesn't have the mental toughness to rise above. And two, even if they do, there simply isn't "enough" to go around. We only need so many McDonald's, insurance agents, app creators, whatever.

As I have said and I will say again. Barring a new industry with a huge demand for labor, it is going to scary. Now, I hope I am wrong and I will also do my best for my family. But that isn't going to change society.

You're are 100% right in that not everyone has it and that there can only be so many McDonald's or app creators. Labor forces are decreasing but as it stands right now, there are jobs floating around maybe not the job your (and not you personally) $100,000 college degree should get you but there are jobs.

Check indeed. Pick one close enough. Put your head down and do it and make a way up that ladder or make do it while you try to make your own ladder.

----------

Millenials are no different than the gen x working class who voted for Trump. That's the irony.

The gen. X doesn't want to learn a new job because they are "too old" and they don't want to learn the new technology. They rather sit and complain about their good old coal jobs.

On the flips side the millenials has all this tech. at their fingertips and they don't want to be innovative. They want the opportunity that the gen x. To argue against some points here, basically you can find cry babies on both sides crying about the same things in different ways.

What you do.

Keep talking like that and you may just be President of the US one day...good on you, you are gonna do well in life my young friend.:yes:

Latest posts

Back