Getting Sick of FE.....

Man, I totally understand your pain. Being a FE agent can seem like eating the same meal over and over every day. Med Supp is good. Generally more affluent clientele than FE.

With FE, you def get higher up-front commissions but the long-term renewals are very low. This is also why you have to keep buying leads weekly ($$$$) and you gotta keep grinding it out.

With Med Supp, the up-front commissions are much lower but the long-term renewals are great depending on the number of clients. The more clients you have, the more your monthly renewals are...which means you don't have to keep buying leads every week...and you often can take a week (or 2) off and still live comfortably. Plenty of guys on here are doing it this way. Selling MS is easy too.

I'm spending 3 days in the field selling FE and MA together, and 2-3 days selling Med Supp by phone. It's def a grind, but in a year or two, I hope to not be selling FE full-time anymore...except to cross-sell to my Medicare clients.

Good luck!

Man, I totally understand your pain. Being a FE agent can seem like eating the same meal over and over every day. Med Supp is good. Generally more affluent clientele than FE.

With FE, you def get higher up-front commissions but the long-term renewals are very low. This is also why you have to keep buying leads weekly ($$$$) and you gotta keep grinding it out.

With Med Supp, the up-front commissions are much lower but the long-term renewals are great depending on the number of clients. The more clients you have, the more your monthly renewals are...which means you don't have to keep buying leads every week...and you often can take a week (or 2) off and still live comfortably. Plenty of guys on here are doing it this way. Selling MS is easy too.

I'm spending 3 days in the field selling FE and MA together, and 2-3 days selling Med Supp by phone. It's def a grind, but in a year or two, I hope to not be selling FE full-time anymore...except to cross-sell to my Medicare clients.

Good luck!
First of all, some FE cos. Pay decent rentals. If you write the same amount of premium in FE as you do in Med Support, you will make more with FE. The renewal argument is somewhat bogus. You get approximately 5-6 times the first year commission with FE so if you want renewals, put it in the bank and pay it out to yourself over 6 years.. Now, you not only have the same income as the med supp but you have the investment income and the FE renewal income on top of it.

First of all, some FE cos. Pay decent rentals. If you write the same amount of premium in FE as you do in Med Support, you will make more with FE. The renewal argument is somewhat bogus. You get approximately 5-6 times the first year commission with FE so if you want renewals, put it in the bank and pay it out to yourself over 6 years.. Now, you not only have the same income as the med supp but you have the investment income and the FE renewal income on top of it.

Wise beyond your years.

Well maybe equal to your years. You're older than dirt.

It's the "time value of money" that they ALWAYS preached to us about at NYL. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

It's the "time value of money" that they ALWAYS preached to us about at NYL. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

I never thought of this angle - eye opening.

I guess it just depends on where your heart/mind/rainbows/stars pull you to do.

What's strange to me is some FE agents almost apologize for being a FE agent. They continually degrade their clients, only work with " 'broke old people' because it's good money," it's "gutter" money, "I work with the 'lowest common denominator' of society.." - The list goes on..

I think to myself- if your(any agent) mind is driving that negative line of thinking and you're "successful" - the sky would be the limit if you embraced the clients as valued human beings who you're there to help.

IMO, the primary difference with MS/FE reps - one values their clients and the other looks down on their clients. Broad generalization but true.

If you write the same amount of Premium? Here is the problem with that if I write 10 med sups, the AV is $14,400, I will make $12,960 over 3 years (I'm in MI) years 4-6 12%, if I write 10FE I will make maybe $4,500 and about 30% won't make it to month 12, with FE you need to do volume and you need to keep doing it year after year, with Medicare you need to be steady and it will build an income machine, also with Medicare you can X-sell dental, life, cancer,

I never thought of this angle - eye opening.

I guess it just depends on where your heart/mind/rainbows/stars pull you to do.

What's strange to me is some FE agents almost apologize for being a FE agent. They continually degrade their clients, only work with " 'broke old people' because it's good money," it's "gutter" money, "I work with the 'lowest common denominator' of society.." - The list goes on..

I think to myself- if your(any agent) mind is driving that negative line of thinking and you're "successful" - the sky would be the limit if you embraced the clients as valued human beings who you're there to help.

IMO, the primary difference with MS/FE reps - one values their clients and the other looks down on their clients. Broad generalization but true.

I doubt you will find a successful FE agent who looks down on our clientele. We can be honest about who they are. We have to be to understand them and be able to present to them in a successful fashion.

We may joke around about their idiosyncrasies and, yes, become appalled at some of the nastiness that we come across, but thats not an everyday thing.

The smoking does bother me, but when they light up I just start coughing and then they'll ask if it bothers me. And I'll say, "Yeah a little bit." Most are nice enough to put it out.

I can't remember the last time I went into a house that smelled like rotten milk and dog excrement. It's been at least a few months.

Most of our people are just low income seniors who didn't really plan to well for the future. Now they need some (more) insurance.

Good luck!

One of the biggest causes of slumps, imho. And it's a challenge for all kinds of salespeople. How can I say the same thing over and over again all day, everyday and manage to "transfer my enthusiasm" when I've lost all enthusiasm myself?:err:

I did nothing but cold call in BC yesterday because I was low on leads and couldn't get anybody to even answer the phone. I got into 7 homes and four smelled so bad it was almost unbearable, but i needed to make some money so I bit the bullet.

I did manage to write 5 for $4100 in AP, which I was happy with. But that doesn't change my mind on how I feel about my job and I certainly didn't embrace anybody. I knew going in it was going to be a long day and it was. Hell I didn't even get to the bar until 8:30.

What i did come to realize is this. There is gold in those DM leads that never answer the phone.

Spur the time value of money is nice put unfortunately few will ever save it and invest wisely.By the way blue star says short the us market with 2019 s@p puts and retire . Short the 200-220 strikes.After one of the longest bull mkt's in history the game is almost over.

Back