Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE


Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Getting Sick of FE.....     
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #21
Guru
Birdman300 on Getting Sick of FE.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts:441
State: Birdman300 is an Insurance Agent from Utah
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Man, I totally understand your pain. Being a FE agent can seem like eating the same meal over and over every day. Med Supp is good. Generally more affluent clientele than FE.

With FE, you def get higher up-front commissions but the long-term renewals are very low. This is also why you have to keep buying leads weekly ($$$$) and you gotta keep grinding it out.

With Med Supp, the up-front commissions are much lower but the long-term renewals are great depending on the number of clients. The more clients you have, the more your monthly renewals are...which means you don't have to keep buying leads every week...and you often can take a week (or 2) off and still live comfortably. Plenty of guys on here are doing it this way. Selling MS is easy too.

I'm spending 3 days in the field selling FE and MA together, and 2-3 days selling Med Supp by phone. It's def a grind, but in a year or two, I hope to not be selling FE full-time anymore...except to cross-sell to my Medicare clients.

Good luck!

------------------------------------
Helping Seniors with Medicare
www.SeniorPlanHelp.com
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-09-2017, 04:41 PM   #22
Guru
rousemark on Getting Sick of FE.....
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts:12,875
State: rousemark is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
rousemark is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Originally Posted by Birdman300 View Post
Man, I totally understand your pain. Being a FE agent can seem like eating the same meal over and over every day. Med Supp is good. Generally more affluent clientele than FE.

With FE, you def get higher up-front commissions but the long-term renewals are very low. This is also why you have to keep buying leads weekly ($$$$) and you gotta keep grinding it out.

With Med Supp, the up-front commissions are much lower but the long-term renewals are great depending on the number of clients. The more clients you have, the more your monthly renewals are...which means you don't have to keep buying leads every week...and you often can take a week (or 2) off and still live comfortably. Plenty of guys on here are doing it this way. Selling MS is easy too.

I'm spending 3 days in the field selling FE and MA together, and 2-3 days selling Med Supp by phone. It's def a grind, but in a year or two, I hope to not be selling FE full-time anymore...except to cross-sell to my Medicare clients.

Good luck!
First of all, some FE cos. Pay decent rentals. If you write the same amount of premium in FE as you do in Med Support, you will make more with FE. The renewal argument is somewhat bogus. You get approximately 5-6 times the first year commission with FE so if you want renewals, put it in the bank and pay it out to yourself over 6 years.. Now, you not only have the same income as the med supp but you have the investment income and the FE renewal income on top of it.

------------------------------------
My prized major award presented to me by Sti:

http://cdn.quotesgram.com/small/80/6...hang-tough.jpg
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-09-2017, 10:39 PM   #23
Guru
Newby on Getting Sick of FE.....
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts:13,313
State: Newby is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
Newby is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
First of all, some FE cos. Pay decent rentals. If you write the same amount of premium in FE as you do in Med Support, you will make more with FE. The renewal argument is somewhat bogus. You get approximately 5-6 times the first year commission with FE so if you want renewals, put it in the bank and pay it out to yourself over 6 years.. Now, you not only have the same income as the med supp but you have the investment income and the FE renewal income on top of it.
Wise beyond your years.

Well maybe equal to your years. You're older than dirt.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-09-2017, 10:46 PM   #24
Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts:1,229
State: SPUR CITY is an Insurance Agent from Texas
SPUR CITY is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
First of all, some FE cos. Pay decent rentals. If you write the same amount of premium in FE as you do in Med Support, you will make more with FE. The renewal argument is somewhat bogus. You get approximately 5-6 times the first year commission with FE so if you want renewals, put it in the bank and pay it out to yourself over 6 years.. Now, you not only have the same income as the med supp but you have the investment income and the FE renewal income on top of it.
It's the "time value of money" that they ALWAYS preached to us about at NYL. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-10-2017, 05:26 AM   #25
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts:115
State: NuUzr is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Originally Posted by SPUR CITY View Post
It's the "time value of money" that they ALWAYS preached to us about at NYL. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.
I never thought of this angle - eye opening.

I guess it just depends on where your heart/mind/rainbows/stars pull you to do.

What's strange to me is some FE agents almost apologize for being a FE agent. They continually degrade their clients, only work with " 'broke old people' because it's good money," it's "gutter" money, "I work with the 'lowest common denominator' of society.." - The list goes on..

I think to myself- if your(any agent) mind is driving that negative line of thinking and you're "successful" - the sky would be the limit if you embraced the clients as valued human beings who you're there to help.

IMO, the primary difference with MS/FE reps - one values their clients and the other looks down on their clients. Broad generalization but true.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-10-2017, 07:03 AM   #26
Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts:423
State: hockeyday is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Originally Posted by rousemark View Post
First of all, some FE cos. Pay decent rentals. If you write the same amount of premium in FE as you do in Med Support, you will make more with FE. The renewal argument is somewhat bogus. You get approximately 5-6 times the first year commission with FE so if you want renewals, put it in the bank and pay it out to yourself over 6 years.. Now, you not only have the same income as the med supp but you have the investment income and the FE renewal income on top of it.
If you write the same amount of Premium? Here is the problem with that if I write 10 med sups, the AV is $14,400, I will make $12,960 over 3 years (I'm in MI) years 4-6 12%, if I write 10FE I will make maybe $4,500 and about 30% won't make it to month 12, with FE you need to do volume and you need to keep doing it year after year, with Medicare you need to be steady and it will build an income machine, also with Medicare you can X-sell dental, life, cancer,
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-10-2017, 07:08 AM   #27
Guru
HoosierLife on Getting Sick of FE.....
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts:4,838
State: HoosierLife is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
HoosierLife is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Originally Posted by NuUzr View Post
I never thought of this angle - eye opening.

I guess it just depends on where your heart/mind/rainbows/stars pull you to do.

What's strange to me is some FE agents almost apologize for being a FE agent. They continually degrade their clients, only work with " 'broke old people' because it's good money," it's "gutter" money, "I work with the 'lowest common denominator' of society.." - The list goes on..

I think to myself- if your(any agent) mind is driving that negative line of thinking and you're "successful" - the sky would be the limit if you embraced the clients as valued human beings who you're there to help.

IMO, the primary difference with MS/FE reps - one values their clients and the other looks down on their clients. Broad generalization but true.
I doubt you will find a successful FE agent who looks down on our clientele. We can be honest about who they are. We have to be to understand them and be able to present to them in a successful fashion.

We may joke around about their idiosyncrasies and, yes, become appalled at some of the nastiness that we come across, but thats not an everyday thing.

The smoking does bother me, but when they light up I just start coughing and then they'll ask if it bothers me. And I'll say, "Yeah a little bit." Most are nice enough to put it out.

I can't remember the last time I went into a house that smelled like rotten milk and dog excrement. It's been at least a few months.

Most of our people are just low income seniors who didn't really plan to well for the future. Now they need some (more) insurance.

------------------------------------
www.LearningFE.com Great Contracts, Training, Support and More!

Regional Director - Equita Final Expense Services (EFES)

Josh Jones 502-930-3317
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-10-2017, 07:09 AM   #28
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts:1,434
State: PA Bill is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
PA Bill is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Originally Posted by Birdman300 View Post
Man, I totally understand your pain. Being a FE agent can seem like eating the same meal over and over every day. Med Supp is good. Generally more affluent clientele than FE.

With FE, you def get higher up-front commissions but the long-term renewals are very low. This is also why you have to keep buying leads weekly ($$$$) and you gotta keep grinding it out.

With Med Supp, the up-front commissions are much lower but the long-term renewals are great depending on the number of clients. The more clients you have, the more your monthly renewals are...which means you don't have to keep buying leads every week...and you often can take a week (or 2) off and still live comfortably. Plenty of guys on here are doing it this way. Selling MS is easy too.

I'm spending 3 days in the field selling FE and MA together, and 2-3 days selling Med Supp by phone. It's def a grind, but in a year or two, I hope to not be selling FE full-time anymore...except to cross-sell to my Medicare clients.

Good luck!
One of the biggest causes of slumps, imho. And it's a challenge for all kinds of salespeople. How can I say the same thing over and over again all day, everyday and manage to "transfer my enthusiasm" when I've lost all enthusiasm myself?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-10-2017, 07:34 AM   #29
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts:1,672
State: nfl72 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
nfl72 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
I did nothing but cold call in BC yesterday because I was low on leads and couldn't get anybody to even answer the phone. I got into 7 homes and four smelled so bad it was almost unbearable, but i needed to make some money so I bit the bullet.

I did manage to write 5 for $4100 in AP, which I was happy with. But that doesn't change my mind on how I feel about my job and I certainly didn't embrace anybody. I knew going in it was going to be a long day and it was. Hell I didn't even get to the bar until 8:30.

What i did come to realize is this. There is gold in those DM leads that never answer the phone.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Old 08-10-2017, 08:01 AM   #30
Super Genius
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts:229
State: BibH is an Insurance Agent from Georgia
Getting Sick of FE..... Re: Getting Sick of FE.....
Spur the time value of money is nice put unfortunately few will ever save it and invest wisely.By the way blue star says short the us market with 2019 [email protected] puts and retire . Short the 200-220 strikes.After one of the longest bull mkt's in history the game is almost over.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Getting Sick of FE.....
Reply to Getting Sick of FE..... 

  Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum




Similar Threads with Getting Sick of FE.....
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disability and Sick Leave Spiderman555 Disability Insurance Forum 5 12-28-2013 07:17 PM
Dropping People when They Get Sick. SamIam Health Care Reform Forum 25 11-20-2013 02:45 PM
Have You Ever Gotten Sick on an Appt? Mark General Insurance Agent Discussions 27 06-17-2011 10:31 PM
If You're Sick, How Long Before Your Employer Cuts You Loose? Nwit General Insurance Agent Discussions 6 08-21-2009 04:33 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Forum enabled with vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


Join the Forum - It's FREE

Share This Page



Weekly Poll

Where do we go from here? POLL
Nothing - No ACA fixes - status quo
29.82 %
HHS Rulings and band aid bills
17.54 %
Hail Mary repeal and/or replace bill
17.54 %
A bipartisan bill to fix ACA
35.09 %

Voters: 57. This poll is closed