Gifts for Referrals??

Rearden said:
Well, Securus loves promoting the free insurance stuff through AmAm.

I think you can have equivalent success simply asking after tsale and delivery of the policy.

Give it a try and report back.

1st off, it's a measly $1K coverage that only lasts one year. I've never had one agent telling me it actually worked.

American Amicable was going to completely do away with it but then decided to allow certain IMO's to continue with it if they wanted to. The IMO's were to print the policy and everything. Not only that, but you couldn't continue to do it if you didn't sell so much Am Am products. That's very understandable.

So, the way I've always looked at it is if American Amicable couldn't make it work, it probably wasn't going to work. So far, you can't prove it by me that it has.

From what I understand it only lasts a year but is renewable until age 85. They just have to resubmit an app every year. A good time to see if they need any new life insurance.

From what I understand it only lasts a year but is renewable until age 85. They just have to resubmit an app every year. A good time to see if they need any new life insurance.

I never saw a use for AmAm at all. I did give away a few of those AD&D policies and most of the time I gave $5000 so it did cost me $2.

I don't even carry them anymore. The free ones nor the pay ones.

I think gifts are a good idea to try, but it has to be something that they won't toss when you walk out the door and it could be expensive. I've done different things not so much to give a gift, but to be remembered i.e. gourmet jelly beans, gift cards, calendar magnets, etc.

Back