Goodbye 1 Star And...

jdeasy

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hanson, Ky
y'all can finish the rest.

Across the board rate increases and even higher increases on the graded and a commission cut to boot.

See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!!;)

Can you post the correspondence you received?

Three years selling for them and they have still failed to put me on their mailing list.

I haven't been contracted with them in almost a year and a half. They don't send me any info.

I didn't even make note of what I was told. But somewhere around 10% rate increase on level and 25% on graded.

I would imagine the commission cuts will be IMO specific.

Can you post the correspondence you received?

Three years selling for them and they have still failed to put me on their mailing list.

I have been appointed with them for over three years also, never got an email announcing POS interviews were required and haven't gotten anything from them on rate increases. Only way I find out what they are doing is on the Forum.:1eek:

I have been appointed with them for over three years also, never got an email announcing POS interviews were required and haven't gotten anything from them on rate increases. Only way I find out what they are doing is on the Forum.:1eek:

Your IMO should have that info. Ask them.

I've been hearing abut this rate increase for at least a month now. Didn't have any figures thrown out until yesterday.

Might be something they are "working on"??:D

There is nothing official out about those changes. Amerilife recruiters were actively calling yesterday stating these changes like they were fact and everyone needed to contract more companies through them because of 5-Star becoming uncompetitive.

The only facts in stone at this time are:
1. 5-Star is changing phone interview companies to hopefully get more point of sale approvals.

2. Premiums are being looked at. There is nothing in stone yet. It's very likely they will be tweeked in the near future. May be very minor and even after tweeking they should still be priced right along with many other competitive companies. The graded is obviously priced very low compared to the others right now.

3. The only talk of commission changes (if any) would affect late policy years not the first five years. If commissions have to change, I would prefer it to be on the back five years rather than the first five.

There is no set date for any of these changes other than the new phone interview company so the recruiters were just trying to upset agents into action.

There is nothing official out about those changes. Amerilife recruiters were actively calling yesterday stating these changes like they were fact and everyone needed to contract more companies through them because of 5-Star becoming uncompetitive.

The only facts in stone at this time are:
1. 5-Star is changing phone interview companies to hopefully get more point of sale approvals.

2. Premiums are being looked at. There is nothing in stone yet. It's very likely they will be tweeked in the near future. May be very minor and even after tweeking they should still be priced right along with many other competitive companies. The graded is obviously priced very low compared to the others right now.

3. The only talk of commission changes (if any) would affect late policy years not the first five years. If commissions have to change, I would prefer it to be on the back five years rather than the first five.

There is no set date for any of these changes other than the new phone interview company so the recruiters were just trying to upset agents into action.

I have it on good authority that they are changing their name to 1 star so you should add that to the list.

Remember the good ole days when you used to say they were awesome?

Back