Guaranteed Issue Under 40?

Agree,GI is pretty much bottom feeding,that's why JD does not write unless he can provide 1st day coverage.

Settlers has it right with Bronze,they don't want their agents submitting more than 20% Bronze.

The real key is not to sell broke,sick people.

All sick people are not broke and all broke people are not sick, see what I did there. You can have non sickies that fall off just as easily.

Then they should not call it GI!! Call it kinda sorta GI, these companies cease to amaze me. ---------- Cant remember the app questions off top of my head but Snl has a sweet little policy called Security Care Plan, it has 3 levels with one being an rop. I think it goes to really young ages, Ive written a few teenagers with it.

Just posed a question on this could you advise? Thanks!

Just posed a question on this could you advise? Thanks!

If its for the proposed insured with cancer that is a knockout. He really should have bought when you were there, now all he can get is GI....he loses but so do you kind of, you have to push with these sometimes and explain graded coverage is better than GI. Perhaps there are some carriers that would have taken him even level before the diagnosis...but now I think its only GI. So Gerber, Kemper or Great Western.

If its for the proposed insured with cancer that is a knockout. He really should have bought when you were there, now all he can get is GI....he loses but so do you kind of, you have to push with these sometimes and explain graded coverage is better than GI. Perhaps there are some carriers that would have taken him even level before the diagnosis...but now I think its only GI. So Gerber, Kemper or Great Western.

The guy's only 34. Would Columbian work?

Their GA app does not ask the insured any questions. The agent does affirm: That the proposed insured is not confined to home or a medical facility, that he/she has no knowledge that the insured has a terminal illness, and that he/she has no knowledge that the insured is an intravenous drug user.

The underwriting guide does define a positive test for HIV or diagnosis of AIDS or ARC as a terminal illness.

There is no mention of dialysis or wheelchair confinement on the agent's statement. Unless they have started doing MIB and script checks, underwriting would have know way of knowing the person is undergoing dialysis.

This is why I stopped using Columbian long ago. They had a different plan called something like permanent protection that with siwl. They asked "do you have copd requiring oxygen" my applicant had copd but no oxygen. The phone uw ordered a phi and they really beat my client up for answering no and then declined. I questioned them on it and they axillary said "we know how the question is worded and we know that we are going to decline anyone with copd. And we know the app is wrong but we are changing our lineup so we are not going to change this app.

That was the last straw for them. They have to many different offices and some funky rules. Way to many good companies to mess with a company that claims to have gi but then asks questions. Just to goofy

Last edited:
This is why I stopped using Columbian long ago. They had a different plan called something like permanent protection that with siwl. They asked "do you have copd requiring oxygen" my applicant had copd but no oxygen. The phone uw ordered a phi and they really beat my client up for answering no and then declined. I questioned them on it and they axillary said "we know how the question is worded and we know that we are going to decline anyone with copd. And we know the app is wrong but we are changing our lineup so we are not going to change this app.

That was the last straw for them. They have to many different offices and some funky rules. Way to many good companies to mess with a company that claims to have gi but then asks questions. Just to goofy

Had a friend that just had a insulin dependent diabetic client declined b y them on their Final Expense SIWL plan. The application simply asks if they used insulin before age 50 or any complications of diabetes in the last two years. He answered no. However, the RXscript or MIB showed that his insulin level ahd been changed in the past two years so they said the diabetes was no under control and that was considered a complication.

No idea why you WOULD NOT write gerber(gi) when you have to. It's as earned/no risk of charge back. It's also some peoples only chance at coverage. Last, pull out your phone or tablet and do the app in 5min. Talk about easy!

No idea why you WOULD NOT write gerber(gi) when you have to. It's as earned/no risk of charge back. It's also some peoples only chance at coverage. Last, pull out your phone or tablet and do the app in 5min. Talk about easy!

Being as earned doesn't change the risk of chargeback at all. If the applicant dies in the first year you still have to pay your commissions back.

But Gerber still is the best GI choice with Great Western another decent choice.

Back