Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum

Reply to Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma     
Old 09-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
Hendrix21 on Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma

State: Hendrix21 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma
Just looking for some friendly criticism/advice. Has anyone here ever done claims adjusting after hurricanes? I hope that IRMA isn't as bad as expected, but I hear agents can make a substantial amount of money doing property claims during the event. It takes some logistical sacrifices but I'm sure that this is the group to ask.

Thanks in advance.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma
Old 09-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #2
Guru

State: billyb is an Insurance Agent from
Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma Re: Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma
You have to be certified. A licensed life/health agent can't just start adjusting claims.
  Reply With Quote to Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma
Old 09-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #3
Hendrix21 on Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma

Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma Re: Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma Hendrix21 is the thread starter for: Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma

Right, I thought at first my P&C license would qualify me but apparently you need an FCN number with FEMA.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
Guru

State: billyb is an Insurance Agent from
Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma Re: Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma
I have a friend who does this type of work and made lots of money during Rita and the oil spill.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:33 PM   #5
Super Genius
adjusterjack on Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
Originally Posted by Hendrix21 View Post
Right, I thought at first my P&C license would qualify me but apparently you need an FCN number with FEMA.
When catastrophes occur, insurance companies pay good money to get qualified adjusters to do the onsite inspections and damage repair cost appraisals.

Exceptions might be made for that FEMA thing but having a P&C license doesn't make you qualified to evaluate damage claims.

Unless you have construction and adjusting experience you'd walk into a flooded wind damaged building and be completely useless.

Just as useless as an EMT walking into the operating room to do a heart transplant.

No offense to either, just giving you the facts of life.

I handled the Florida hurricanes in 2004 and Katrina in 2005.

Last edited by adjusterjack; 09-05-2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:51 PM   #6

Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma Re: Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma Hendrix21 is the thread starter for: Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma

I agree with everything you're saying. I have a fairly strong grasp of construction and the costs associated with repairs, gladly, this isn't heart surgery and I'm not an EMT.

How many claims did you handle during 04 and 05? Was it worth the curve and did you make as much as anticipated?
Old 09-06-2017, 10:54 AM   #7
Super Genius
adjusterjack on Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma

State: adjusterjack is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
I have a fairly strong grasp of construction and the costs associated with repairs
That gives you a head start and there is estimating software that speeds things up once you've learned how to use it.

How many claims did you handle during 04 and 05?
Lots.

Was it worth the curve and did you make as much as anticipated?
I was on salary.

It's the independents that make the big money.
Reply to Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Final Expense Forum