Guidance- Any FE Guys Ever Do Claims Adjusting During the Hurricanes? Irma

Hendrix21

Just looking for some friendly criticism/advice. Has anyone here ever done claims adjusting after hurricanes? I hope that IRMA isn't as bad as expected, but I hear agents can make a substantial amount of money doing property claims during the event. It takes some logistical sacrifices but I'm sure that this is the group to ask.

Thanks in advance.

Right, I thought at first my P&C license would qualify me but apparently you need an FCN number with FEMA.

Right, I thought at first my P&C license would qualify me but apparently you need an FCN number with FEMA.

When catastrophes occur, insurance companies pay good money to get qualified adjusters to do the onsite inspections and damage repair cost appraisals.

Exceptions might be made for that FEMA thing but having a P&C license doesn't make you qualified to evaluate damage claims.

Unless you have construction and adjusting experience you'd walk into a flooded wind damaged building and be completely useless.

Just as useless as an EMT walking into the operating room to do a heart transplant.

No offense to either, just giving you the facts of life.

I handled the Florida hurricanes in 2004 and Katrina in 2005.

Last edited:
I agree with everything you're saying. I have a fairly strong grasp of construction and the costs associated with repairs, gladly, this isn't heart surgery and I'm not an EMT.

How many claims did you handle during 04 and 05? Was it worth the curve and did you make as much as anticipated?

Latest posts

Back