Health Insurance for FE Agents?

Where do some of you guys get your health insurance from, when you don't have a spouse with a job. I was paying for mine the past 7 years through Aetna. It was $350 per month with huge deductibles and co-pays. I just signed up with Obama care.

I would like to hear about what others in this profession do. Do any of the guys like 360 or fedex offer health benefits?

I pay 550 month for just my wife and son. I opted to just go to the V.A.

I looked up that Christian ministries health ins. Wow a ton of limitations and restrictions . Maybe if your young it's ok but anyone with any pre existing conditions could be screwed.plus you have to send all your bills in. Looks like a real pita

I looked up that Christian ministries health ins. Wow a ton of limitations and restrictions . Maybe if your young it's ok but anyone with any pre existing conditions could be screwed.plus you have to send all your bills in. Looks like a real pita

My wife and I are young and it works for us. I agree, it may not work for everyone.

For young people who want CHEAP maternity coverage it's great!

Health insurance is just part of your overhead. Just like utility bills, car insurance and house payments.

The only thing that makes it different in your mind is that some people's employers pay it for them. But most employees don't have the ability to make the kind of money you can make in insurance.

In this job YOU are the employer.

Lets not split peas. The avg insurance agt makes what $40k? 5% of insurance agts make it 3 yrs?Of course theres a lot of opportunity to make money in insurance. But there also is in medical sales,pharma sales and other types of sales jobs but the facts are few make big money.the difference is Fe sales has a lotof overhead because of lead costs,gas costs and car costs.Throw in an apt setter and buying your family's health insurance couple with low persistency and you get the picture. Why do you think agents need to make 110-130% commissions to make it.Newby you see it every day.

Where do some of you guys get your health insurance from, when you don't have a spouse with a job. I was paying for mine the past 7 years through Aetna. It was $350 per month with huge deductibles and co-pays. I just signed up with Obama care.

I would like to hear about what others in this profession do. Do any of the guys like 360 or fedex offer health benefits?

I pay $130 for myself and 2 kids. HSA with. $5950 deductible with $1000 accident coverage 1st dollar. I am over 40 and the kids are teen and preteen. I got lucky because #1 utah is one of the healthiest places in the country, and #2 the polticians here were smart enough to allow us to not be forced into Obamacare, so I am grandfathered in. The same plan with 10 essential health benefits would have been close to $400 with obamacare. I am with Humana.

Lets not split peas. The avg insurance agt makes what $40k? 5% of insurance agts make it 3 yrs?Of course theres a lot of opportunity to make money in insurance. But there also is in medical sales,pharma sales and other types of sales jobs but the facts are few make big money.the difference is Fe sales has a lotof overhead because of lead costs,gas costs and car costs.Throw in an apt setter and buying your family's health insurance couple with low persistency and you get the picture. Why do you think agents need to make 110-130% commissions to make it.Newby you see it every day.

1. By the time an agent goes independent, he better be better than average. Or he better have a previous successful sales background or some money backing him. Broke agents trying to learn sales and marketing AND learn insurance at the same time have a slim chance for success.

2. Show me an agent earning less than $40,000 annually that needs an appointment setter and I'll show you an agent who will be out of business in much less than three years.

3. I have never believed that employers should be paying any portion of their employees health insurance. I think that is a huge part of what has always been wrong with our system. It makes it not portable and keeps the people using the system to be sheltered from the cost of the system. That has skyrocketed costs. It needs to be free market or single payer but neither one should involve employers in any way.

I loathe Obamacare! I was previously paying $236/mo. under Humana's plan for me, my husband and 2 elementary school kids. Thank GOD, we did not have any medical problems. Unfortunately now my kids would have to go under the state Medicaid program and I pay $262 for me and my husband, or pay $836/mo without the Obamacare. I'm pissed because I was never on any state assistance in my life and now my kids have to go on it because Obamacare won't allow me the option to keep my old plan? BULL!!!!! OBAMACARE WAS/IS A BIG MISTAKE!:mad:

Back