For The Healthy Senior, Who Has Good Fully Underwritten Products?

jtow

Guru
100+ Post Club
I don't have a specific case in mind, but wondering who do you like, and why?

I don't have a specific case in mind, but wondering who do you like, and why?

RNA Essential Life.....but I dont have a great track record with them. My last 6 apps, 5 were declined, 2-3 I have no clue why. Funny cause the 1st 6-8 F/U apps I sent them ALL were accepted, not I cant buy 1.

suggestion: give us an age range and a face amount range. There are many companies that will write $100,000.00 at age 75.

Thank you, I was thinking of a FE client profile. ages 50-80K, $10k - ?.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
RNA Essential Life.....but I dont have a great track record with them. My last 6 apps, 5 were declined, 2-3 I have no clue why. Funny cause the 1st 6-8 F/U apps I sent them ALL were accepted, not I cant buy 1.

So far only had one go Eseential Life, 69 yr old F NT, sailed right thru, she uses no meds, very healthy, $25K.

Last edited:
if you are going fully underwritten, I like to use GUL on larger face amounts with North American. Their premium is very low and they have a rate guarantee to age 120. The minimum face is 25k and they will write up to a couple million.

if you are going fully underwritten, I like to use GUL on larger face amounts with North American. Their premium is very low and they have a rate guarantee to age 120. The minimum face is 25k and they will write up to a couple million.

NOCOLAH/Midland is a great option. Sagicor is another $100,000 up to age 65 non med. Especially if going to short pay. If you roll an old UL or FE policy's CV into it, it really rocks.

I have somebody who I think 'may' have a problem trying for 'fully underwritten WL' with one of the popular companies. I haven't gone over all the health questions yet on the app but my gut is not fully on board. I'm thinking a blood test or paramed might put her out of the running. Anyway lets just say they went for fully underwritten. Is it possible they come back worse than if they had just done simplified issue? I just had a guy come back worse with a term case and he would of been better off going non-med with Assurity. I did him and his wife and as soon as he said how healthy he was and how he never goes to the doctor ect. ect. my gut started to turn and sure enough his triglycerides were highly elevated. They took it anyway rated table 2 premium. So back to my question, could whole life and I'll just throw any carrier name out there like R N A (random carrier name) be worse or would it just be a decline or what? Again my gut is not saying she can't qualify but for the first time it doesn't know and my gut always leans one way or the other. I'm like a hung jurry here. Yes I'll be talking to an underwriter but I'd still like to know how bad it could shake out. ALSO can you go SI in a situation like this then apply for fully underwritten to CYA and for example purposes with a company like R N A?

Last edited:
On cases like that I always write the FE policy first. I've only had a few like that where the fully underwritten came back good enough that they switched.

If you yank them around for 2-months and then get a decline you often lose them.

I doubt anyone will beat RNA's Essential Life if you are going whole life. About the only to beat their price is to go GUL. But then you are not using whole life.

As for the other question asked about being worse off, yes, they could be is table rated above a table 4. Most SIWL is standard at table 4.

RNA Essential Life at a table 4 or above will still beat many other companies rates on SIWL.

Big problem with Essential Life is the $25,000 minimum.

I recommend it quite often I have 4 Essential Life applications pending right now. 3 of the 4 were the age that they had to have exams. I expect 2 of the 4 to be rated but I'm thinking a table 2 or 3 which would still be a bargain.

RNA will aloow you to change to the SIWL if the person is rated. If declined then they cannot apply for any other product with RNA.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NSS Life have excellent whole life rates and they go up to age 90.

Do you have an example of those "excelelnt" rates. Say $25000 whole life on a 68 year old female non smoker?

For the op, I believe you were on Travis' call yesterday when I talked about offing Essential Life to a prospect. I already had her sold on a $15,000 SIWL but whjen doling the medical questions I thought she would qulaify for the Essential Life. $25,000 was only $10/mo more than $15,000. She readily took that. Now in RNA's infinate wisdom of cutting agent's commission 10 points on Essential Life I cost myself $100 by recommending Essential Life. That's what you get for doing what's right for the client.

Last edited:
Back