How Do/would You Work on the Weekends?

I work weekends to catch people that work during the week. I just door knock and almost always end up making a couple of sales.

I only do that once a month or so, though.

Have you worked weekends before or are you more concerned about the what-ifs?

Is this meant to be a trick question or a pseudo-attack on my work ethic? I'm new to FE and was wondering how people work on the weekends when most POS carriers, the carriers I've been going to during the weekdays, are closed. Get it?

----------

Always been my thought.

Rather like the "I work X number of hours" badge. Well, why not work more efficiently and then work fewer hours?

I'm not looking for a badge. I just have no life :)

----------

Apptical, DIMA, and EMSI are all open on Saturdays last time I checked.

From 9-5? I thought DIMA was closed before noon. (Never sold weekends, so I could easily be wrong.)

----------

I work weekends to catch people that work during the week. I just door knock and almost always end up making a couple of sales.

I only do that once a month or so, though.

You cold doorknock or doorknock your DM leads?

I'm not looking for a badge. I just have no life :)

Find one. Unless your plan is to work like a dog for a few years and then retire. Otherwise you are going to wake up in 10 years and wonder what happened.

Find one. Unless your plan is to work like a dog for a few years and then retire. Otherwise you are going to wake up in 10 years and wonder what happened.

I did that for years in my late 20's and early 30's after college. Then my wife left me at the time since I was always at work.

I'm not bitching, her leaving was a good thing, but it did serve as a wake up call. Enjoy life, it's to fleeting.

Good advice. Obviously, I don't want to let things fly by. If anything, I need to tone my extracurricular activities down a bit at this stage in my life.

You cold doorknock or doorknock your DM leads?

Door knock my DM leads that I couldn't catch during the week. Cold door knocking is too inefficient, IMO.

Apptical is open fairly late on weekends, I believe. Not sure since I usually keep my Saturdays fairly short.

Saturdays can be really productive.:biggrin:

Sometimes I travel to an area and work it all day on Friday, stay the night, then make more sales working a half Saturday, than I did working the whole day Friday.

Saturdays can be really productive.:biggrin:

Sometimes I travel to an area and work it all day on Friday, stay the night, then make more sales working a half Saturday, than I did working the whole day Friday.

I agree!

Saturday is the #1 best doorknocking day of all in my opinion. Back in the day when I did 100% doorknocking I could always count on Saturday to make guaranteed sales.

Very few insurance agents work Saturday. Shoot, many don't even bother on a Friday. With that said, Saturday has always been the busiest day of the week for b2c and in-home selling in general. Taking Saturday off isn't even an option in the car or home improvement business. Even if they let you, you'd starve anyway. It's not necessary in insurance but you certainly you will not be wasting your time. Just do yourself a favor and make it a short day.:)

Back