How Do/would You Work on the Weekends?

Bod

Expert
Most insurers seem to be closed over the weekends, including the phone interviewers. Do you just write apps for carriers that don't require phone interviews? The problem with that is those carriers tend to be a bit more expensive.

It's kind of amazing the insurers don't employ a few more people to ask questions on the phone on Saturdays/Sundays. I guess the demand isn't there...

I don't want 2/7 days a week to be off the table if I'm available. How do you work on the weekends? What carriers do you tend to write? Do you do anything differently on the weekends than you do on the weekdays?

Most insurers seem to be closed over the weekends, including the phone interviewers. Do you just write apps for carriers that don't require phone interviews? The problem with that is those carriers tend to be a bit more expensive.

It's kind of amazing the insurers don't employ a few more people to ask questions on the phone on Saturdays/Sundays. I guess the demand isn't there...

I don't want 2/7 days a week to be off the table if I'm available. How do you work on the weekends? What carriers do you tend to write? Do you do anything differently on the weekends than you do on the weekdays?

I used to work a bunch of weekends. Foresters, MoO, Trinity is open for several hours are a few examples of carriers open on weekends for PHI's. Then of course you have SNL, Americo, UH that don't need PHI's. SNL & UH prices aren't that bad.

Generally there are few limitations on a saturday afternoon. It can and is done if you want to do it.

Generally there are few limitations on a saturday afternoon. It can and is done if you want to do it.

As they say "you can find excuses to work or you can find excuses not to work"

One of the downfalls on working on a weekend is if you are with a client that has a policy with another company and in a possible replacement situation u can't just call into the company to check cash values and other vital information. You may have to reschedule.

Once had a manger that said if you are having to work on the weekend, you are doing something wrong during the week..

working on the weekends and at nights is exactly why I left the car business.

It Sucks.

Once had a manger that said if you are having to work on the weekend, you are doing something wrong during the week..

Always been my thought.

Rather like the "I work X number of hours" badge. Well, why not work more efficiently and then work fewer hours?

I have never worked on the weekends selling insurance. I do work on the weekends though. Plenty of yard work, housework even fishing and hunting has become more of a chore as I age. Set 25 bush hooks Saturday night and it wore me out.

Back